Have you ever been curious how SOME people seem to accomplish so much in life, while others simply don’t?
My next guest believes it all comes down to SMART goal setting.
Brittany Hoopes joins Mary in a fun and super energetic discussion on simplifying and achieving your goals. As a Queen of Qualitative research, Brittany is an expert at studying high-performing Millennials and shares the secrets of what it REALLY takes to achieve your goals.
As a certified Narratologist, she is an expert in Branding and Marketing, studied theater in NY, hosts the Podcast “Soultiply with Brittany Hoopes” and has even taken up competitive belly dancing as a personal goal!
In this episode you will learn:
1. How to infuse JOY into your Goal process so that you can take those scary but necessary action steps.
2. Using Gamification to motivate you in pursuing your goals.
3. How to outsmart your mental obstacles by coming up with an Action Plan when you’re at your BEST!
4. How to make goals “stick”
5. What Brittany means by “the goal has to hurt” and that the “stakes need to be high”
6. Consequences vs the rewards of Gamification: Using the value of high stakes consequences as a motivator.
7. How to put out the fire of overwhelm and anxiety before they spread and consume your goal house.
Brittany’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Lauren Moore of The Brand Therapy Podcast
LINKS, PEOPLE AND BOOKS MENTIONED:
Brittany’s Fantastic and free Resource Library, including her Gamification techniques you can DOWNLOAD!!
HEADSPACE – meditation app
Book “Maybe It’s You: Cut the Crap. Face Your Fear. Love Your Life.” by Lauren Handel Zander It’s all about keeping promises to yourself to build personal integrity and trust.
Book “Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead” by Brené Brown
Favorite Quotes from this Episode:
1. There is NO SHAME in letting go of an “outgrown” goal.
2.The goal is living inside you right now…you were made for this.
3. As long as you keep running towards your goal, your goal is running towards you…eventually you will hug and reunite.
Where Brittany hangs out:
Brittany Hoopes is a Podcaster and Qualitative Researcher with a focus on Goal Setting and Achievement. After graduating from New York University where she studied theatre, she worked at several NYC talent agent and management offices.
She soon shifted her focus to market research and branding, where she became a Qualitative Researcher and Narratologist for large B2B and consumer studies. Brittany began Soultiply in 2014 and hosts the Soultiply with Brittany Hoopes podcast. She now lives in Los Angeles, CA with her husband.
Are you loving what you are hearing so far on The Simplifiers Podcast? If so, tippity tap that finger on the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player and get more of this good thing!
And while you’re at it, share it with a friend who could use a little simplifying in her life right now. C’mon, we all have that one friend who’s a bit of a hot mess. Tell her to head on over to www.TheSimplifiersPodcast.com and she’ll thank you later.
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy:
2. Stitcher – http://stitcher.com/s?fid=173408&refid=stpr
3. Google Play (in US) – https://play.google.com/music/listen?authuser&u=0#/ps/I7pmtm65jgsw2c7fcg3zeqc3fqy
4. TUNEIN – http://tun.in/piVOY
5. Acast – https://acast.com/thesimplifierspodcast
6. SoundCloud – https://soundcloud.com/thesimplifiers