Bestselling author of the book “From Anxiety to Love,” Corinne Zupko, EdS, MA, LPC explains what it was like to grow up and live with debilitating fear and anxiety from the age of two. Her anxiety worsened and eventually developed into full blown panic attacks as an adult.
How to go from Anxiety to Love.
With help from her loving parents, her “Inner Therapist”, a few Angels, the book “A Course in Miracles” and her willingness to see things differently, Corinne was able to conquer her fears and remember the truth of who she (truly) is.
Corinne now helps others to remember the truth of who they are.
In this episode you will learn:
- What exactly is Anxiety?
- How the signs of anxiety manifested in Corinne as a child and what parents can look for in their own children and practical ways to help them through a panic attack.
- What we can learn from chickens and other wild animals when in a stressful situation!
- What is our “inner therapist” and how we can tap into it.
- What is “A Course in Miracles” and how we can use it to remember the truth about ourselves. (Tip: Corinne suggests you start with either the Workbook or the Manual for Teachers.)
- How willingness to see differently creates openness so the memory of love can return.
- How to “Call on your Dream Team” when in a tricky situation
- How to avoid the noise in our modern culture and using Mindfulness in everything you do.
Links, people and books mentioned:
Book “The End of Death” by Nouk Sanchez which delves deep into “The Course in Miracles”
AND, For those thinking of getting a pet chicken: “The Chicken Chick’s Guide to Backyard Chickens: Simple Steps for Healthy, Happy Hens” by Kathy Shea Mormino
Favorite quotes from this episode:
“The Light in you is too bright to fail.”
“Beneath your fears is the awareness of the love that you are. Willingness is all you need to go there.”
“Anxiety is a super power in it’s ability to sense fear.”
Corinne Zupko, EdS, MA, LPC, is the author of the bestselling book, From Anxiety to Love: A Radical New Approach for Letting Go of Fear and Finding Lasting Peace, released in 2018.
She began her work with A Course in Miracles and mindfulness meditation after struggling with debilitating anxiety and panic attacks, and now lives anxiety-free. Corinne is a keynote speaker, Adjunct Professor of Counselor Education at The College of New Jersey, licensed counselor, Board Certified Coach and teaches weekly mindfulness meditation classes at a major U.S. financial institution.
Corinne’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Dr. Dana Marrocco PhD, author of “The Top Ten Lies We Tell Ourselves: And How to Stop Believing Them,” which draws out the deeper meanings in “A Course in Miracles.”
Where Corinne hangs out:
Help us spread the word with the world!
I would be SO GRATEFUL if you could take just 2 minutes today to SUBSCRIBE to The Simplifiers Podcast, write a review and leave a rating if you haven’t yet.
It really helps generate more awareness if I am able to have supportive people like you show me some love by subscribing, rating and leave a review.
You can do so on whichever podcast platform is your jam!
1. iTunes – Apple Podcasts – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/simplifiers-podcast-simplifying-small-business-strategy/id1348398331
2. Stitcher – http://stitcher.com/s?fid=173408&refid=stpr
3. Google Play (in US) – https://play.google.com/music/listen?authuser&u=0#/ps/I7pmtm65jgsw2c7fcg3zeqc3fqy
4. TUNEIN – http://tun.in/piVOY
5. Acast – https://acast.com/thesimplifierspodcast
6. SoundCloud – https://soundcloud.com/thesimplifiers