Oh friends, I wish every podcast episode I record could be this awesome. This 2-part series was recorded at our big launch party on March 8, 2018, taped in front of a LIVE studio audience in Nottingham, England at The Simplifiers offices! That took courage beyond belief and really stepping out in faith that everything would work out fine.
- But why is it so HARD for many female entrepreneurs (like myself, at times) to be in the spotlight of our own businesses?
- About Debbie:
But why is it so HARD for many female entrepreneurs (like myself, at times) to be in the spotlight of our own businesses?
In this series, social media marketing maven, Debbie Clarke of debbiedooodah and Amy Phipps of Women Who Create UK have a heart-to-heart conversation about what holds women back when marketing themselves and their businesses online. And how to simply take action and change that.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why comparing yourself to others is not serving you
- By holding back, you’re not giving someone who needs you the opportunity to find you
- What the heck is an “ambivert”?
- Mary compares social media in the United States to those in the UK
- Stories of being unapologetically “all you”
- Nasty people and their nasty mean comments and when its best to put your blinders on and just talk to one person
- Tips to help you step into the spotlight and be the face of your brand
- How changing the WE to YOU or I helps you grow your business
- Learn about Debbie’s “Magic Book” where she is able to manifest things into her life
- Why you MUST get on the Pinterest Train
Links, people and books mentioned:
Blue Stockings Society – an online & in-person community of female business owners from Nottingham
Women Who Create UK – an active community & online platform for UK-based women who create in their businesses, careers and lives, looking for encouragement, support, inspiration and connections with like minded creative women in business.
Book “Get Rich, Lucky Bitch!: Release Your Money Blocks and Live a First Class Life” by Denise Duffield Thomas
Book “Playing Big: A Practical Guide for Brilliant Women Like You” by Tara Mohr
Favorite quotes from this episode:
“It’s not about promotion, it’s about support” – Amy Phipps
“I don’t want to be amazing, I want to be helpful” – Amy Phipps
“Businesses are built on trust. If you’re not being your true, authentic self [online]…they aren’t going to believe what you say anymore.” – Debbie Clarke
“If your ego is wrapped up in what other people think of you, you’re going to play small forever” – Mary Baird-Wilcock, CSEP
“Everything you create on social media, imagine you’re talking to your one best customer.” – Debbie Clarke
Debbie Clarke supports fabulous business women get clarity & confidence over how to market themselves online. It doesn’t much simpler than that, folks.
Debbie’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Ursula Kelly – Ursula Kelly Photography & Video – http://ursulakellyphotography.com
Where Debbie hangs out:
Are you loving what you are hearing so far on The Simplifiers Podcast? If so, then go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player and get more of this good thing!
And while you’re at it, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and leave a quick review. We love hearing your feedback on how to make it even better!
Subscribe to The Simplifiers Podcast
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy: