As business owners, we seem to go through seasons in our lives and in our businesses. In this episode, Amy shares her wisdom and how to tap into the seasons of your small business and as a woman, so you THRIVE.
Let’s break that all down and simplify it.
This is part 2 of our podcast taping in front of a live studio audience at our launch party. This time, the spotlight is on Amy Phipps of Women Who Create UK.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How we can thrive in each season we face in our careers
- Why it’s so important to give yourself permission to evolve and what that (practically) looks like
- Simple ways on how to cope when the weather is grey, dark…and let’s face it, MISERABLE outside
- What is “Hygge?” (pronounced like “cougar”) Well, it’s the “Scandinavian trend of Coziness” and we talk about it… huh, who knew?
- The importance of having your own cheering squad
My challenge for you this week:
If you work in a co-working space, I challenge you to make eye contact and say hello to one new person a day, when you go to make your cups of tea. Reach out and make a concerted effort to acknowledge the people around you. This is what builds community over time.
Links, people and books mentioned:
- The Women Who Create UK Podcast
- Lumie Bodyclock Starter 30 Clock – https://amzn.to/2InKgSR
- Hygge – the Norwegian word for “well-being” – https://www.visitdenmark.com/denmark-hygge
- Your Cycle. Your Month – online course run by Girasole Life Design, mentioned by Amy – https://www.facebook.com/girasolelifedesign/
- Kate Northrup – the Origin Collective – https://katenorthrup.com
- The Power Path – https://thepowerpath.com
- Hormones Horoscopes app – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/hormone-horoscope-lite/id710914595?mt=8
- Book: The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte – https://amzn.to/2phJE8H
- Book: Art Therapy – The Person-Centred Way: Art and the Development of the Person by Liesl Silverstone – https://amzn.to/2FCLQhX
Favorite quotes from this episode:
“Give yourself the space to hear who you are in this moment” – Amy Phipps
“Hello-how are you-yeah I’m alright-how are you-yeah I’m fine-BYE! That’s no way to live.” – Debbie Clarke
“Just being enough is ok, you don’t have to be perfect” – Debbie Clarke
“Seasons change and you have to have stuff dying off for the new stuff to grow” – Amy Phipps
“If you were always happy, how would you appreciate happiness?” – Debbie Clarke
About Amy Phipps
Amy Phipps is the creative force behind Women Who Create UK. Her passion is creativity and crafts and her purpose is championing women in business!
She is a Designer-maker, teacher and creative business owner by training. And a Mentor, creator of vibrant communities, inspiring in-person events & empowering connections by calling through the Women Who Create UK platform.
Where Amy hangs out:
Join us, and become a Simplifier
My goodness, we’re serving up super awesome, super wise people on The Simplifiers Podcast! AM-I-RIGHT? If you are loving what we are throwing down, then go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of a good thing!
And while you’re at it, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and leave a quick review. We love hearing your feedback on how to make it even better!
Subscribe to The Simplifiers Podcast
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy: