Have you ever dreamt of becoming rich? Then you need to meet my next guest, Calvin Wayman. In a little project called “Millionaire Case Study,” Calvin is documenting his journey from being a regular working-class guy with $53k in debt to enjoying financial freedom. And now, author, speaker and social media entrepreneur, Calvin Wayman has a passion for helping others see what’s possible for them as well. One of the biggest lessons he’s learned along the way to becoming a millionaire is that…
In order to command a million dollar life, he needed to first take control of his health and lost over 50 pounds in the process.
Curious about how to shift your money mindset? This episode is chock full of ideas to start your own journey to gaining more wealth in your life.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Calvin achieved his weight loss goal with one simple action: just push PLAY
- How creating a legacy was the fire he needed and what he learned from journaling every single day for the past 13 years
- How to stop planning on the sidelines and get into the game by simply taking one step in the direction you want to go
- How meeting his greatest business idols boosted his confidence, realizing that HE too can achieve his goals, just like them. Anything is possible.
- Tips on how to SIMPLIFY becoming a millionaire:
- Change your mindset around making decisions
- Cut out distractions
- Have a great morning routine to set yourself up for success
You WON’T BELIEVE what Calvin will be giving away on the 1st anniversary of his podcast in January 2019 – “Curious with Calvin Wayman!”
My challenge for you this week:
How much money would you like to make this year? I mean, money in your pocket, after taxes, take-home cold hard cash? Set a 7-minute timer and write that amount down at the very top of your sheet of paper. Then, I want you to go into great detail on how that would FEEL to accomplish this goal. What does it look like, sound like, taste like, feel like and even smell like! Go into incredible detail so that anyone reading it could easily imagine it, as well. Then, for extra accountability, I want you to snap a photo of this and share it with me via direct message in Instagram at @thesimplifiers.
Links, people and books mentioned:
- Curious with Calvin Wayman Podcast – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/curious-with-calvin-wayman/id1332919724?mt=2
- Gaia – online exercise library at your fingertips – https://www.gaia.com
- Beach Body’s Workout programs – www.beachbodyondemand.com/FreeTrial
- Book: High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way by Brendon Burchard – http://amzn.to/2HKXBU3
- Book: Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You by John Warrillow – http://amzn.to/2HKY8Fx
- Book: Fish Out of Water: The Guide to Achieving Breakthrough and Permanently Transforming Into the New You by Calvin Wayman – http://amzn.to/2FWkhAe
- Headspace app – https://www.headspace.com and the Calm app – https://www.calm.com both for guided meditation
- Tide app for focus sessions including the “ambient, noisy cafe” – https://tide.moreless.io/en/
- Pomodoro Technique for working in short sprints to get tasks done – https://francescocirillo.com/pages/pomodoro-technique
Calvin is offering listeners of The Simplifiers Podcast the chance to get a FREE Social Media Makeover, valued at $300 USD. You will get one live phone call with a social media expert at his company Cobbes Media and they will audit one of your social media channels and share advice on how to refine it. Click here to sign up – www.socialmediamakeover.org
Favorite quotes from this episode:
“Successful people don’t worry whether they made the right decision or not. Instead, they make the decision and then they make it right.” – Calvin
“It’s not the critic who counts. The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“You need to work to learn, not work to earn.” (from a book Calvin recently read)
“Playing the game is more fun than actually winning the game” – Calvin
“Join the CIA: Take Consistent Imperfect Action daily to reach your goals.” – Calvin
About Calvin Wayman
You might know our next guest from Entrepreneur Magazine or the Huffington Post. You may have heard him giving his debt-free scream on The Dave Ramsey Show, or you might know him for his best-selling book Fish Out of Water.
He is one of the most down-to-earth “regular guys” you’ll ever meet, who just dares to dream, feels the fear, but takes action on those dreams anyway.
He’s come from working a day job to a full-time entrepreneur. He went from $53,000 in debt to financial freedom, and he’s gone from being overweight to losing 52 pounds!
He’ll be the first to tell you there’s nothing superhuman about him, and that’s what he showcases. When he hits into brick walls, he documents the downs (as well as celebrates the wins) on his YouTube show, Millionaire Case Study.
His passion is helping others see what’s possible for them, crafting their story they share with the world, and change the relationship they have with fear to live a life beyond their wildest imagination.
He’s also the host of the Top-Rated podcast, Curious with Calvin Wayman.
Calvin’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Frankie Vignone, Co-Founder of Denver Elite Men – https://www.facebook.com/denverelitemen
Where Calvin hangs out:
Join us, and become a Simplifier
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way. In addition, we’ve created a free online community just for you, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers as well.
Click here to join and start SIMPLIFYING: https://thesimplifiers.com/join-super-insiders/
Subscribe to The Simplifiers Podcast
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy: