Calling all High Achievers…this one’s for you! Our special guest, Brodie Welch warns us that we are on the verge of burnout unless we shift our energy and FAST. In this episode, if you’ve ever been curious about what “Ayurveda” is or why so many are so tapped into Chinese Medicine, Brodie simplifies both for us. She believes this secret could help you better nourish yourself and be more present for our loved ones.
- Brodie’s on a mission to free people up to live their truth, which is what she believes to be the true potential of Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda.
- About Brodie Welch
- Join us, and become a Simplifier
Brodie’s on a mission to free people up to live their truth, which is what she believes to be the true potential of Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What are the differences between Ayurveda and Chinese medicine?
- #1 RULE to self-care: Poop and re-hydrate, first thing in the morning!
- How we prioritize the “doing” over the “being”…and honor our yin energy
- Research shows that happiness caps out at around $80,000 USD!
- Simple ways to automate the mundane because “decision fatigue” is REAL!
- How to lose weight without changing your diet – it’s so SIMPLE!!
My challenge for you this week:
What one part of your morning routine can you automate and simplify? Snap a photo and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, people and books mentioned:
- The new research of Circadian Medicine: how our bodies sync up with natural cycles by Dr. John Douillard – https://lifespa.com/nobel-prize-validates-ayurvedic-circadian-clock/ and https://lifespa.com/episode-45-groundbreaking-research-on-melatonin-with-dr-paula-witt-enderby/
- To download Brodie’s Self-Care Manifesto – https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/272111?v=6
- “Level up your Life” 11-week Self-Care Boot Camp..starting May 8th – http://brodiewelch.com/level-up/
- Tune in to Brodie’s podcast “A Healthy Curiosity” here – www.brodiewelch.com/podcast
Favorite quotes from this episode:
“Energy comes from the air that we breathe, the food that we eat and the positive digestion of our life experience…BOOM!” – Brodie
“We need to honor our yin…we need to do less in order to get more done” – Brodie
“The fear of not being able to “do it all” or letting someone down is not a life threatening emergency…It is only threatening to who we THINK we need to be in the world.” – Brodie
“You can’t follow the shoulds in life or you’ll just should all over yourself” – Mary
“Focus on the daily actions that will yield the greatest return..the things that get you one step closer to your better self” – Mary
“Excuses are resistance to taking responsibility for our lives” – Brodie
“When you go against your good intentions for yourself you undermine your own sense of self worth and confidence” – Brodie
“Recognize that the obstacle is the way” – Brodie
About Brodie Welch
Brodie Welch, L.Ac., M.S.O.M. is a Licensed Acupuncturist, board-certified herbalist, Chinese Medicine expert, holistic health coach, and self-care strategist. She’s the founder of Life in Balance Acupuncture in Corvallis, Oregon, where she has been treating patients since 2003.
Brodie helps caring, high-achieving, women put themselves on their own to-do lists so they can trade stress and burnout for energy, joy, and vibrant health. She has helped thousands of clients improve their digestion, sleep, and mood; dial in a regular bodymind practice, and step into the next version of themselves. She leads self-care boot camp programs to help women bridge the gap between what they know they should be doing to take care of themselves and actually doing it. She’s also the creator and host of A Healthy Curiosity: the podcast that explores what it takes to be well in a busy world.
Brodie’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Tara Gentile – http://taragentile.com
Jenny Shih – https://jennyshih.com
Where Brodie hangs out online:
Join us, and become a Simplifier
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way. In addition, we’ve created a free online community just for you, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers as well.
Click here to join and start SIMPLIFYING: https://thesimplifiers.com/join-super-insiders/
Subscribe to The Simplifiers Podcast
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy: