Today’s guest is Louise Brogan of Social Bee NI, all the way from Northern Ireland…she and I chatted about the very best parenting tips and tricks on…
- How to juggle being a parent AND an entrepreneur, all at the same time. And not just SURVIVE…but actually THRIVE.
- About Louise Brogan
- Join us, and become a Simplifier
How to juggle being a parent AND an entrepreneur, all at the same time. And not just SURVIVE…but actually THRIVE.
We both shared our biggest secrets that we have learned over the last 10 years of being a parent that’ll help you SIMPLIFY your life, as a whole.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Tips on how to juggle running a business and being a parent, in every challenging phase from diapers to college.
- Why some parents NEED to go back to work while others opt to stay at home – and either way is FINE!
- There’s a culture shift these days that encourages women to become business owners and WHY it’s simpler now, more than ever
- What technology, software and apps are really helping women to jump off the 9-to-5 train and start their own business
- Just because you can do something in business, doesn’t mean you should.
- 3 simple things you can do right now as a parent and entrepreneur to simplify your life and THRIVE
- Avoid what Louise calls “The spray and pray technique” by organizing your work in batches and blocking out time chunks.
- Create templates or “swipe copy” for emails and invoices using 17 Hats or Gmail “canned responses”
- Batch your cooking! (pro tip: Using frozen bread, make sandwiches for packed lunches the night before! The bread will defrost, keeping it chilled perfectly until lunch the next day when eaten.)
My challenge for you this week:
What’s one thing that you can simplify in your life to help you thrive as a parent and an entrepreneur? Snap a photo and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, people and books mentioned:
- 17 Hats – simplifies your client management system workflow – https://www.17hats.com
- PRO TIP: Check out “soft play” centres in your city – (in the US, simply Google: “indoor bounce houses and trampoline parks”) – the modern day co-working space for entrepreneurs! Most are local businesses where your children can play while you keep an eye on them and you can work on your laptop and have an espresso at the same time!
- Facebook Groups:
- Louise’s Social Beehive – https://www.facebook.com/groups/socialbeeni
- Soulful PR with Janet Murray – https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoulfulPRcommunity/
- Talented Ladies Club Kickstart with Hannah Martin – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1519287201661845/
- Book: The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod – https://amzn.to/2GOiPRa
- Video Conferencing:
- Social Bee Academy: Louise’s membership site where people can join and learn how to market their business online themselves thru blogging, social media and growing their email list. https://louisebrogan.com/join/
- Louise’s Free 5-Day Facebook Course, learn the basics on how to use Facebook for your business – https://socialbeeni.com/freefivedayfbcourse/
Favorite quotes from this episode:
“When you’re trying to write an email and your kids are tugging on your sleeve, stop what you are doing, because let’s face it… NOBODY is winning.” – Louise
“I RUN THE DAY… or otherwise, the day runs me.” – Mary
“One of the toddlers is inside the shopping, Charlie” – Louise (haha, shopping Charlie… love it!)
About Louise Brogan
Louise Brogan is the founder of Social Bee NI, working with entrepreneurs and small businesses to help them figure out how to market their business online in a clear straightforward way. Louise is also a busy mum of three and has a hyperactive spaniel who deserves his own blog.
Louise’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Hannah Martin – Co-founder of the Talented Ladies Club – https://www.talentedladiesclub.com
Where Louise hangs out online:
Louise is EVERYWHERE!
Join us, and become a Simplifier
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way. In addition, we’ve created a free online community just for you, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers as well.
Click here to join and start SIMPLIFYING: https://thesimplifiers.com/join-super-insiders/
Subscribe to The Simplifiers Podcast
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy: