If you’re a small business owner, I’m sure you’ve overheard someone saying how important it is to have an email list these days, in order to grow your business.
Why is that?
Well, let’s not forget… social media has only been around for a decade now but it’s fundamentally changed how we as entrepreneurs market and sell ourselves to our prospective clients.
Back in the day, you simply ran a print ad or attended a boatload of networking events but now, it seems like you need to be everywhere, all the time. And well frankly, that’s EXHAUSTING!
- My special guest today, Jenny Shih, challenges you to think differently about your marketing efforts and focus on building your email list instead.
- Join us, and become a Simplifier
My special guest today, Jenny Shih, challenges you to think differently about your marketing efforts and focus on building your email list instead.
What if social media disappeared tomorrow? How do you keep in close contact with your followers and future clients or does that get washed away in the flood as well?
So we broke it all down in simple, simple terms so you can get started building your email list today.
In this episode, you will learn:
- She shared the practical and simple first steps to getting your first 1000 subscribers
- How to create an irresistible freebie for your target audience
- How to overcome the tech overwhelm that stops us all dead in our tracks from even starting. (Oh girl, we’ve all been there, I feel ya.)
- And a couple of the simple things that everyone always goofs up with, when they are first getting started in list-building
If you are inspired by today’s episode, I highly recommend signing up for her free webinar: HOW TO BUILD A SIX-FIGURE BUSINESS WITH ONLY 1000 SUBSCRIBERS
Join Jenny Shih as she walks you through exactly how to get a steady flow of ready-to-buy prospects—even if you’re starting at zero. You’ll discover…
- The ridiculously simple formula for making six figures from only 1000 subscribers (and how you can use this approach in your own business)
- How to get a steady flow of ready-to-buy prospects—without spending a single penny
- How to grow your email list no matter how much (or little) time you have
My challenge for you this week:
What does your audience really, truly need help with? Ask them! From what they say, brainstorm a few ideas of an irresistible freebie and begin mapping it out on paper. Snap a photo of you doing the thing and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, people and books mentioned:
- Freebie: 7 Steps to Getting Your First 1000 Subscribers – http://get1000subscribers.com/
- Free Webinar: How to Build a Six-Figure Business with Only 1000 Subscribers – https://get1000subscribers.com/webinar
- Resource Page: Jenny’s Free Resources – https://jennyshih.com/free-resources/
Favorite quotes from this episode:
[02:40] “We spend so much time posting on social media and not a lot of time doing the things that actually equate to cash in bank. That’s the bottom line what makes a business successful or not. You don’t get to buy stuff with your followers, only with money in the bank.” – Mary
[07:50] “[When creating a freebie, ask yourself] how can you solve one small part of their problem? How can you delight them? How can you entertain them or how can you educate them?” – Jenny
[14:05] ”So number one, you have to know who your customer is. And number two, what they’re buying from you…Then, figure out what free thing you can give away that moves them closer to whatever it is they want. ” – Jenny
[19:52] “Don’t over-complicate it. Don’t let the technology stop you from doing the basic things to grow your list.” – Jenny
[20:47] “Only use what you need right now. In this online world, there’s so much information about business building… Information overwhelm is legit and what I want to tell people is don’t get sucked into it.” – Jenny
[43:55] “Take a deep breath and just do it one step at a time.” – Jenny
About Jenny Shih
Jenny Shih is an uncompromising business coach who works with smart entrepreneurs who are fiercely committed to their own success.
Step by step, she shows them how to start, grow, and streamline a successful online business without having to work long hours or make huge sacrifices.
She believes that with the right systems and strategies, you can make money doing work you love and also live a life you love.
Jenny’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Bev Barnes – The Soul’s Calling Academy
Where Jenny hangs out online:
Join us, and become a Simplifier
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way. In addition, we’ve created a free online community just for you, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers as well.
Click here to join and start SIMPLIFYING: https://thesimplifiers.com/super/
Subscribe to The Simplifiers Podcast
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy:
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.