Q: how do you start over again and transform your life? You see things are all out of whack and your life is headed down a path you don’t want to go. It’s time for a big shake-up, but it’s beyond scary and you’re not sure where to begin. Girl, I feel you.
My special guest today is Alicia Haywood and she’s simplifying how to transform your life and start over again. She shares the story of how she went through a massive life cleanse recently, letting go of most all of her possessions, and the process she followed to get to the other side. It’s incredibly inspiring and as she says, “at times, filled her with rattling terror.” So if you’re on the verge of a big change in your work or life, here’s how she did it.
- My special guest today is Alicia Haywood and she’s simplifying how to transform your life + start over again.
- Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
- About Alicia Haywood
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
My special guest today is Alicia Haywood and she’s simplifying how to transform your life + start over again.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- How to decide where to jump to next once you’ve come to realize it’s time to make a big change
- Her story about her life cleanse in 2014 and how she let go of the majority of her possessions along the way… what it felt like and what steps she took in surrendering to the process
- What she means by “clear the clutter and your brain breathes again”
- How to handle the uncertainty of life (and not having definitive answers) when you’re hitting the reset button
- …and how her ever evolving spirituality helped her along the way as an entrepreneur
She’s a bright light and I was really struck by the fact that when she decided to start over again, she was also opening herself up to new opportunities, new perspectives, and a new reality. In this release and opening, she found herself having beautiful, random encounters with great people whom before she wouldn’t have even noticed along the way.
While you’re listening today, I want you to notice the people you come across in the next 24 hours. Make eye contact, give a smile. Open your heart to the humanity that surrounds you on the daily. Eyes up.
Q: Are you trying to figure out how to transform your life and start over again? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s helping today with COVID-19>
- 13th documentary – free to watch on YouTube + Netflix
- Rise Up by Andra Day, cover by Mother and Son, Jordan Rabjohn
- Four-day working week, a possible solution to rebuild New Zealand after COVD-19
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and transform your life this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently, in order to start over again? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment – Eckhart Tolle
Book: Reconnecting with Your Estranged Adult Child: Practical Tips and Tools to Heal Your Relationship – Tina Gilbertson
Podcast: How to re-emerge after hibernation, featuring Carrie Contey – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to unlock your soul’s calling, featuring Bev Barnes – The Simplifiers Podcast
Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Whether you’re looking to…
- hire an expert to help you with one specific aspect of your business or
- looking for a side gig to earn a bit of quick cash or maybe
- you’re just looking for some ideas on how to get back to thriving once again…
Introducing… The Super Connector Network!
Click over to find our carefully curated hub of super handy resources.
About Alicia Haywood
Alicia Haywood – She is an award-winning producer who has been working in professional media for 26 years with the likes of The Oprah Winfrey Network, ABC Radio Network, HowStuffWorks, iHeart Media and more.
She has also produced content for brands like Intel, Live Nation, and United Way, spanning television, film, audio, and digital media platforms. Yet, her most fulfilling successes stem from her role as an educator—making lasting impressions on the minds of the next generation.
She is a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Missouri School of Journalism, and is also the founder of The iSpeakMedia Foundation, which focuses on advancing media literacy education in communities that need it most.
Where Alicia hangs out online:
Alicia’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Maaria Mozaffar – She is a civil rights lawyer, mediator, legislative drafter, the author of More Than Pretty, mother, wife and a triathlete.
She is the host of a new digital series called ‘A Way Forward,’ leading people through difficult conversations during difficult times… where we may feel safe but stuck.
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.