Running short on time? Check out my “Thought of the Day” mini-episodes, where I tackle big thoughts in simple, short spurts to spin you in the right direction. (Try saying that 5 times fast)
In today’s “Thought of the Day,” consider this: Slow down to speed up in life.
Today, I am sharing why I believe that, instead of rushing around like a chihuahua who’s had a triple espresso, what if we can slow down our pace and actually accomplish more!
To strike the right balance, here are 3 simple things you can take action on today to accomplish more by slowing down:
- Close all the tabs. On your screen, in your mind, on your desk, everywhere. Multi-tasking is a myth so instead, simply focus on one thing at a time.
- Focus on Your Top 3. First thing in the morning, write down your 3 most important tasks for the day on a post-it note. Then put it where you’ll see it throughout the entire day and DO. THE. THING.
- Time-block like a Superhero. Make your daily top 3 priorities non-negotiable and block that time out in your calendar.
Awesome things mentioned in this episode:
- RuPaul’s Drag Race (just kidding…if you want to be productive, don’t even get started! #TeamKatya)
- Google Calendar – For time-blocking: schedule in blocks of time in Google Calendar. FREE TOOL – here’s how to get started using it.
- Trello – a free tool for project management – https://trello.com/thesimplifiers/recommend
- Marie Forleo! (“tasty time chunks”) – https://www.marieforleo.com/2016/03/time-management/
- Slack – messaging platform and app for teams – https://slack.com/
- Ask for help.
- Find a Virtual Assistant.
- Outsource the little stuff.
- Focus on the highest yielding tasks – the things that’ll generate the most revenue in your business or push the needle the furthest.
- Ditch the rest.
If this “Thought of the Day” inspired you…
Snap a photo of you doing the thing and send it to me via Instagram: @thesimplifiers
I’ll be your virtual accountability buddy in your quest to simplify your life.
Join our free online community, the SUPER Insiders!
…for tips, tricks and other freebies and connect with other Simplifiers who listen to this podcast – thesimplifiers.com/simple
Have you subscribed to The Simplifiers Podcast yet?
Are you loving what you are hearing so far on The Simplifiers Podcast? If so, go ahead and hit that SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player and binge listen straight away!
And while you’re at it, share it with a friend who could use a little simplifying in her life right now. C’mon, we all have that one friend who could use a little help.
Tell her to head on over to TheSimplifiersPodcast.com and she’ll thank you later.
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy: