This BONUS mini-episode is for anyone who’s going through an EPIC fail right now in life. (umm, I think that’s ALL of us, at some point, eh?)
Running short on time? These mini Thought of the Day episodes are where I tackle big thoughts in simple, short spurts to spin you in the right direction. (try saying that 5 times fast)
Today’s SUPER thought of the day is this:
- How do you bounce back when you have an EPIC fail in life?
- If this “Thought of the Day” inspired you…
How do you bounce back when you have an EPIC fail in life?
It’s NOT about what happens to you in life.
It’s ALL ABOUT how to react to it.
Are you going to give it the power to control you? To dictate your next 5 or 10 steps in this tango we call life?
When you zoom out and look at the big picture of what’s going on, the TANGO is DEAD SEXY on you!
Just keep taking the next step and the next one after that. Over and over again. Don’t give up.
If you’re still suffering with the butt-hurt of epically and gloriously failing in your business or in your life, here are 3 simple things I do to help myself bounce back:
- Give it 48 hours. – Give yourself the permission to mourn the loss or feel angry or embarrassed. Feel it fully. Binge on Netflix and La Croix… stay in your PJs and be present in your heavy, heavy feelings. Acknowledge these feelings, journal them out, but most importantly, get it out…but only for 48 hours.
- Phone a friend – Once you realize you’re getting into a funk, immediately text your very best girlfriend and tell her what’s going on. And the pact is that she will ping you here and there in the first 48 hours… but more importantly, she promises to connect with you once the 48 hours has finished to pull you out of the muck and whip you back into shape. Because sometimes, you just need that friend who’s going to pull you up by your bootstraps when you don’t have the strength to do it yourself.
- Choose wisely. – So now that your 48 hours has passed, it’s time for you to take a hot shower and like Rachel Hollis says, “GIRL, wash your face.” It’s time to start anew. You now have a choice… Are you going to let this thing have power over you…or NOT? Choose wisely because it’s all up to you. While it may still hurt your heart, your mind, your body, your soul right now… hear my words, friends:
You can do this, I totally believe in you.
This moment does not define you. This thing has no power over you.
LOOK HERE: You have a 100% survival rate of EVERYTHING that’s happened to you so far in life. You will survive this too.
It just requires you to believe it, as well.
Just take the next step that’s been divinely lit for you. And the next one after that.
I see you.
Even here, even now… you’re doing the thing.
If this “Thought of the Day” inspired you…
Snap a photo of you big, glorious, beautiful mess and send it to me via Instagram. Just tag @thesimplifiers – I’ll be your virtual accountability buddy in your quest to simplify your life.
Join our free online community, the SUPER Insiders… for tips, tricks and other freebies and connect with other Simplifiers who listen to this podcast – thesimplifiers.com/super.
Have you subscribed to The Simplifiers Podcast yet?
Are you loving what you are hearing so far on The Simplifiers Podcast? If so, go ahead and hit that SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player and binge listen straight away!
And while you’re at it, share it with a friend who could use a little simplifying in her life right now. C’mon, we all have that one friend who’s a bit of a hot mess.
Tell her to head on over to TheSimplifiersPodcast.com and she’ll thank you later.
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy: