- Today, I want to talk about mastering the power of repetition. Yes, that’s right, the power of repetition. Say it with me this time: the POWER of repetition.
- If this “Thought of the Day” inspired you…
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Watch the video version of this episode
Today, I want to talk about mastering the power of repetition. Yes, that’s right, the power of repetition. Say it with me this time: the POWER of repetition.
Okay, I promise the whole episode won’t be like that. (haha!)
No, but really…
What makes a new thought into an ingrained subconscious belief?
Remember: Thoughts become emotions become actions become beliefs. There’s a concept called “spaced repetition” which is a process by which you neurologically hack your brain to retain more information and solidify a new belief.
So, the question bares answering… what do you want to DO? and why?
Where’s one area of your life that you’d like to improve?
Your health, your bank balance, your parenting skills?
Whatever it is, identify one thing you’d like to improve with today’s exercise.
Just one. And let’s laser focus in, just for a moment.
You’ve got it written down at the top of your sheet of paper.
Now, ask yourself… WHY?
What’s really, deep underneath this wish?
How will it make you FEEL when you accomplish it?
Go ahead and jot down your answers now. Go, do the thing.
Okay, how did that feel?
Clarity is a beautiful thing, right?
Now, here’s how to master the power of repetition every single day to achieve your greatest goals:
- Write down your one primary goal every single day. Yes, every. single. day. In this, you’re retraining the brain to believe, yes this is possible. You’re setting your compass, your goal is at the forefront and you’re laser-focused on achieving it. Remember, your day is made up of thousands of micro decisions. When you set your compass first thing in the morning, you remember what’s most important. And ultimately, make better decisions.
- Do you believe you can’t do something? Set a challenge and do it daily for 30 days to master it. When Snapchat came out, I was convinced I was TOO OLD to figure it out. So, I set myself a 30-day challenge to post on there daily and guess what, I mastered it. And the skills I learned there, helped me become a better storyteller on Instagram and InstaStories. So, if you find yourself saying, “oh I’m not very creative.” or “I can’t draw” or “there’s no way I’ll lose those last 10 pounds,” squash that thought immediately by being bold and setting yourself a 30-day challenge. Then, take daily, imperfect action to make it happen.
- How to use visualization to achieve what you want. Your brain is such a powerful muscle. And it needs data points to believe that something is possible. The good news is, YOU can provide that proof before it’s actually happened. I do it through visualization. Here’s how…get somewhere comfortable, close your eyes and focus on your breath. Take 5-10 minutes and slow down your heart rate, counting your breaths in and out, up to 10 and then start again. Nice and slow. Now, I want you to imagine yourself achieving your goal as if you’re the camera crew capturing the moment while it’s happening. How do you look? What are you wearing? Where are you, exactly? What are you feeling? How are you standing? All of this is PROOF to your subconscious…look at you GO! This is totally possible. Your Intuition wants to show you how. Take careful note to see who shows up in this visualization exercise, who’s supporting you in your greatness, where you are and what you need. This is powerful stuff.
- And last but not least, always remember…You do you. It’s not about what other people are doing or not doing. Remember to give yourself permission to choose what works well for YOU, not what you think you SHOULD be doing. Keep your blinders on, laser focus on what’s most important to move you forward towards a simpler life and that’s it.
And just one final whisper, just from me to you, dear friend… come in closer:
Your best life is waiting for you.
Repetition in your daily habits and routines help you get there.
You deserve this. You deserve joy and deep contentment in life. If Fear is chiming in and saying, “oh, I’m a Rebel, I don’t need a routine,” I challenge you to question that voice and ask, “does this thought really serve me, anymore? Is there a better way?”
This simple practice can help you break free of whatever loops are holding you back right now.
You can do this, I believe in you.
It’s time to SIMPLIFY.
If this “Thought of the Day” inspired you…
Snap a photo of you doing the thing and send it to me via Instagram, privately or publicly… Just tag @thesimplifiers – I’ll be your virtual accountability buddy in your quest to simplify your life.
Hire a business coach.
If you’re looking for more support, we’ve opened up 2 new spots for private coaching clients this month.
You and me, talking 1-on-1 weekly for four weeks straight so you can get the fast track towards growing your business, overcoming your biggest challenges in generating sales, how to stop drowning in to-do’s and ultimately, SIMPLIFY.
I’m your girl.
CLICK HERE to get your first call booked today!
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.