Today, I want to talk about one simple thing you can do to lose weight.
Are you ready for it?
Drum roll, please.
Up your water consumption.
No really, simply drink more water.
When you become dehydrated, your body actually confuses thirst for hunger. You will reach for a snack because your body thinks it needs food for energy. This is just one of your body’s many cries for water.
I’m willing to bet in the summer months, you’re totally, utterly dehydrated and depleted and don’t even know it. How do I know this? Well, I was the same exact way until I did something about it.
- Other symptoms of dehydration to look out for:
- Simple tricks to drink more water:
- And if you reach for a snack…
- And just one final whisper, just from me to you, dear friend… come in closer.
- If this “Thought of the Day” inspired you…
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Watch the video version of this episode
Other symptoms of dehydration to look out for:
- Fatigue and weakness in your muscles
- Dry skin
- Dark colored urine
- Tingling in the limbs
- …and duh, dry mouth.
When your body doesn’t have enough water, it literally hangs on to all you have given it. This can make you look and feel bloated, heavy and lifeless. The antidote is to drink more water, so your body can relax and let the water flush through, cleansing and revitalizing your body and mind along the way. Did you know – feeling hydrated helps improve mental alertness too?
Let’s #DoTheThing guys… let’s drink more water!
Simple tricks to drink more water:
- Carry around a reusable BPA-free water bottle everywhere you go. (And if you’re in the UK, be the envy of the office with a customized Love Island one!)
- Track how much you drink… you might be surprised how little water you are actually drinking. Get the 5 ★ ‘Drink Water’ app on Apple iOS and Android.
- Have a water challenge at work. Who can drink the most in the work-week? Maybe offer a reward to the person who blasts through their goals?
- Remember, “if you pee clear, cheer!” What you’re trying to do is flush your system. So the more water you drink, the more diluted your pee gets. And that’s a visual cue that you’re on the path towards healing once again.
- Boost your mood, give yourself this gift. Instead of reaching for sweets or another cup of coffee, what about a nice, cool refreshing glass of water with fresh cucumber or mint or lemon in it. Doesn’t that sound nice??
But of course, go see your doctor for professional advice on your nutrition and health. As it gets hotter in the summer months, you’ll need to drink more than you think, especially if you do lots of exercise.
And if you reach for a snack…
Snack on fruit and vegetables which have a really high water content to help you hydrate. Cucumber, lettuce, celery, watermelon, strawberries, grapefruit are just a few. Try a lucious salad or even fruit salad with your cool glass of water rather than that sandwich or bag of crisps. You’ll be dropping pounds—and loving how you feel and look—in no time.
And just one final whisper, just from me to you, dear friend… come in closer.
Our bodies are made up of water.
It’s time to fill your tank once again.
It is the ultimate sign to your soul that you love her, you want to nourish her and if you’ve got running water at home—it’s 100% free.
This one simple thing could change everything.
Give yourself this gift right now.
You can do this, I believe in you.
It’s time to SIMPLIFY.
If this “Thought of the Day” inspired you…
Snap a photo of you doing the thing and send it to me via Instagram, privately or publicly… Just tag @thesimplifiers – I’ll be your virtual accountability buddy in your quest to simplify your life.
Thank you, thank you
Thank you to our Patreon supporters! We couldn’t do this without you. For simply $1, $5 or $10 dollars a month, you too can help us continue to create awesome episodes with big name guests and world-class audio quality. Plus, you will get extra goodies and lots of good karma by being one of our Patreon supporters.
If we hit $500/month, we will begin releasing super secret Bonus episodes to our supporters that you can’t hear anywhere else. So, thank you again to our global girlfriends tuning in from Calgary to Copenhagen, Austin to Nairobi!
Visit patreon.com/thesimplifiers to become a patron today.
Don’t forget to hit that SUBSCRIBE button to get more of this awesome goodness coming to you automatically on Tuesdays and Fridays.
As always friends, keep things simple.
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.