Here’s how to finish that next big project… no, really. Done, finished, tick it off the list and stick a fork in it, DONE. But the problem is… most projects we start, we never finish them! Why is that??!
My special guest today is author Bridgit Dengel Gaspard, LCSW and she’s simplifying how to finish that next big project. You see, she’s got a theory that the reason we mysteriously stop within sight of the finish line is actually because not all of you wants what you think you want. In fact, these sub-personalities inside you have a distorted loyalty to your core negative beliefs and that’s what is keeping you stuck.
Here’s how to squash all of that.
- My special guest today is Bridgit Dengel Gaspard and she’s simplifying how to finish that next big project.
- Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
- About Bridgit Dengel Gaspard, LCSW
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
My special guest today is Bridgit Dengel Gaspard and she’s simplifying how to finish that next big project.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- Why driven, go-getter, type-A kind of people tend to lose steam just before completing a big goal in their life
- What the “Final 8th” is and how to overcome any self-sabotage when you’re working towards your goals personally or professionally
- How to speak to your inner selves for clarity and insight through a technique called voice dialogue
- Why it’s just as important to uncover our “core negative beliefs” as well as your core values to get at the root of things
- … and ultimately, what the key difference is between a person who achieves their goals easily vs. those who don’t.
If you’ve ever bought a book or an online course you haven’t finished… invested in a mastermind and then fizzled out halfway through… or started a DIY project and left it to collect dust, my friend, this episode is especially for you.
Like you, I was desperate for the answers as to WHY this seems to happen, over and over again. And instead of beating yourself up over it, learn what’s going on under the surface so you can get back to thriving.
Q: Are you trying to figure out why you sometimes can’t seem to finish that next big project? If yes, this one is for you.
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Louisville police declare state of emergency ahead of Breonna Taylor decision – CBS News
- The voice of reason: self-talk can fear us from fear – Psychology Today
- Americans: register to VOTE – click here
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and finish that next big project this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Video: Introduction to voice dialogue – John Coroneos
Book: The Final 8th: Enlist Your Inner Selves to Accomplish Your Goals – Bridgit Dengel Gaspard, LCSW
Event: Online launch event for Bridgit’s book – Friday, September 25, 2020 – 7pm Eastern – Bridgit Dengel Gaspard, LCSW
Podcast: How to overcome self-sabotage, featuring Lilli Badcock – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your stinkin’ thinkin’ – The Simplifiers Podcast
Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Whether you’re looking to…
- hire an expert to help you with one specific aspect of your business or
- looking for a side gig to earn a bit of quick cash or maybe
- you’re just looking for some ideas on how to get back to thriving once again…
Introducing… The Super Connector Network!
Click over to find our carefully curated hub of super handy resources.
About Bridgit Dengel Gaspard, LCSW
Bridgit Dengel Gaspard, LCSW – She is the author of The Final 8th and the founder of the New York Voice Dialogue Institute. She is a former performer who earned a master’s degree from Columbia University and teaches at numerous professional settings including Omega Institute. She lives in New York City, where she maintains a thriving private practice helping people get unstuck and “cross the finish line” on their major projects and goals.
Where Bridgit hangs out online:
Bridgit’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Laura Zam – She is an author, speaker, sexuality educator, and women’s health advocate helping clients with sexual healing and preventing violation. Her writing has appeared in The New York Times, Salon, The Huffington Post, and The Forward as well as in seven book anthologies.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.