Earlier this week, we shared part one of this conversation, all about how to find deeper purpose in life. And I feel like all of it is so divinely timed. This entire month, we’ve been simplifying topics in and around this realm to find clarity on the year ahead. From creating a vision board to visualizing a new path for your life ahead, my hope is that my conversation with Dan Millman has dropped down a few new seeds of inspiration as you uncover your deeper purpose in life today and beyond.
Now, if you haven’t heard part one, go back and listen to that one first. But if you’re ready to continue on, let’s pick back up here with my conversation with author Dan Millman as he simplifies how to find deeper purpose in life.
It’s time to simplify…
- My special guest today is Dan Millman and he’s simplifying how to find deeper purpose in life.
- When you hear an episode like today’s on the podcast that potentially stirs up a new idea in your heart, talk about it with someone else.
- Q: Are you ready to find your deeper purpose in life? If yes, this one is for you.
- <What’s catching my eye this week>
- My challenge for you this week:
- Links, books and apps mentioned:
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Dan Millman
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Dan Millman and he’s simplifying how to find deeper purpose in life.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- As a young man early on, he learned a valuable life lesson: “Stop thinking about it and jump!” Dan shares this childhood memory and how that phrase has guided him over his lifetime
- How he defines the “human spirit” and why we humans yearn to find deeper purpose in life, unlike any other mammals that we know of
- What the four purposes of life are:
- Learning life’s lessons
- Finding your career & calling
- Discovering your life path
- Attending to this arising moment
- Through his spiritual quest over his lifetime, Dan encountered four mentors: The Professor, The Guru, The Warrior-Priest, and The Sage. He shares what he learned from each and why it’s important to find a mentor to help you uncover your purpose
- …and ultimately, what it means to have a “peaceful heart” and a “warrior spirit” in life. How to incorporate this in a simple, practical way into your work and life
Just a quick bit of love to you, our listeners at The Simplifiers Podcast!
When you hear an episode like today’s on the podcast that potentially stirs up a new idea in your heart, talk about it with someone else.
Maybe you’re thinking about making your own jump, like taking a great big leap in your career, your relationships or how you structure your calendar… I just want to encourage you to talk about it with someone else. Choose someone you trust who you know will give you wise counsel.
Gain their insight and don’t be afraid to say, “hey, I heard this thing on The Simplifiers Podcast… I’m thinking about doing something BIG – what do you think?” Spark a conversation – you might be surprised with what you learn. This is how we all grow and evolve.
Q: Are you ready to find your deeper purpose in life? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- The power of mindfulness in a changing world – Dan Millman at Creative Innovation 2015
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and to help you find your deeper purpose in life? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Peaceful Heart, Warrior Spirit: The True Story of My Spiritual Quest – Dan Millman
Book: The Four Purposes of Life: Finding Meaning and Direction in a Changing World – Dan Millman
Book: Humankind: A Hopeful History – Rutger Bregman
Book: Improv Wisdom: Don’t Prepare, Just Show Up – Patricia Ryan Madson
App: The Life Purpose Calculator – discover how to make the most of this current year – Dan Millman
Podcast: How to overcome obstacles + face your fears, featuring Koya Webb – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Dan Millman
Dan Millman – He teaches “the peaceful warrior’s way” in the United States and around the world. Author of eighteen books published in twenty-nine languages, Millman is a former world-champion athlete, university coach, martial arts instructor, and college professor.
His bestseller Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives was adapted into a feature film starring Nick Nolte.
Where Dan hangs out online:
Dan’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Patricia Ryan Madson – She is an Emerita of Stanford University where she taught for three decades in the Drama Department. She founded the Stanford Improvisors in 1991, and spent her career leading classes, seminars and workshops that teach the ease of the creative process and the magic of improvising. Her corporate clients include Apple, Google, Gap Inc, Adobe Systems and more.
She is the author of Improv Wisdom: Don’t Prepare, Just Show Up and currently teaches for the Esalen Institute and for Stanford’s Continuing Studies.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Subscribe to The Simplifiers Podcast
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy:
TuneIn | Acast | SoundCloud | YouTube | Pandora
… or find us on your favorite podcast app by searching: The Simplifiers Podcast
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.