Q: are you ready to increase your profits and (finally) start to master your finances for your small business? In order for all of us to finish this year strong, we might need to have a heart-to-heart with our numbers. When we do this, we can get back on track and start to recover from the multitude of curveballs that were thrown at us this year.
My special guest today is Danielle Hayden and she’s simplifying how to increase your profits and teaching us how to master our finances. For many people, talking about money is a touchy subject. Danielle breaks it all down in a super approachable way, no matter if you’ve been in business for 10 years or 10 seconds… and you won’t need a degree in finance to figure all of this stuff out, I promise!
- My special guest today is Danielle Hayden and she’s simplifying how to increase your profits and master your finances.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Danielle Hayden
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
My special guest today is Danielle Hayden and she’s simplifying how to increase your profits and master your finances.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- What the 3 basic financial numbers are that you should know and track regularly
- time spent per job
- what are your top 3 operating expenses
- and your total profit and loss (P/L)
- Why it’s important to uncover your “numbers story” – what are the numbers trying to tell you and what to do about it?
- How to get your financial house in order in just 1 hour per week… it’s simpler than you think to start to feel empowered by your numbers
- What reports you should pull and review every week
- your profit/loss statement (P/L)
- your balance sheet
- your cash flow forecast or financial dashboard
- …and ultimately, what is the best (and simplest) way for you to increase your profits this week.
If you’ve been zoomed into other areas of your business for awhile now and left your bookkeeping software to collect dust, don’t sweat it. I promise, if you take the time to listen to today’s episode, it’ll inspire you to dive back into your numbers and gain clarity on your financials in no time flat.
Remember, fear is just trying to keep you safe… so if you’ve been putting off your bookkeeping or just avoiding your bank statements for awhile now, it’s going to be okay. After today’s conversation with Danielle, I know you’ll feel empowered and ready to take simple action to get back on top.
Q: Are you looking to increase your profits and master your finances? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Correcting the misinformation about Breonna Taylor – Washington Post
- The Social Dilemma – a must-watch documentary on Netflix about how and why social media makes us feel horrible
- Americans: register to VOTE – click here
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and start to master your finances this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Profit Planner – Foundations & Financials – Danielle Hayden
Book: The PMA Effect – John Joseph
Freebie: free financial dashboard download – Danielle Hayden
Freebie: free financial goal setting worksheet – Danielle Hayden
Podcast: How to reach financial freedom, featuring Lisa Linfield – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your stinkin’ thinkin’ – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Danielle Hayden
Danielle Hayden – She is a reformed corporate CFO who is on a mission to help entrepreneurs understand their numbers so they can gain the confidence needed to create sustainable profits.
As the co-owner of Kickstart Accounting, Inc., she helps business owners with bookkeeping, financial analysis, and she is also the author of the Profit Planner book series.
Where Danielle hangs out online:
Danielle’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Jennah Lear – She is the owner, chief creative and brand strategist at Blue Loui Studio, helping purpose driven entrepreneurs design a powerful brand that attracts their ideal client. She helps clients build their success strategy, visual branding, and a powerful presence that helps their businesses stand out from the rest.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.