It feels like part of the healing process to get the world back on track with things is to create a life full of kindness. I mean, what if kindness was part of the answer to reigniting your joy and forging deeper connections with others? Count me in!
My special guest today is psychiatrist Dr. Eva Ritvo and she’s simplifying how to create a life full of kindness. There’s a wave of change (have you felt it, too?) where “kind media” is becoming more prominent in our culture. Shows like The Great British Bake Off and RuPaul’s Drag Race are paving the way, showing us how when we are kind to others, our hearts expand in empathy and compassion. We gain greater understanding of people who may not look, think, act or even, vote like us.
And maybe, just maybe… This might be the balm we need to squash the polarization, prejudice, and isolation we feel at times, too. But first, it starts within, finding kindness for yourself.
- My special guest today is Dr. Eva Ritvo and she’s simplifying how to create a life full of kindness.
- Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
- About Dr. Eva Ritvo
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Dr. Eva Ritvo and she’s simplifying how to create a life full of kindness.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- What she learned whilst studying the science behind kindness… what the benefits are when we focus our lives more around kindness, rather than animosity
- In this day in age of isolation and disconnection due to the pandemic, she share where we must begin to attract kindness in our lives first and how to do it
- A few simple, practical ways to be more kind yourself, starting today, especially if your harsh inner critic has been louder than usual
- How to be kind to others, including our “household bubble”, our clients, our co-workers, our neighbors and strangers, in big or small ways
- …and ultimately, she talked about the biggest lessons she learned when compiling the stories for her book, Bekindr.
This entire conversation reminds me of a delightful memory from long ago. I was shopping at one of those big box stores for new clothes and didn’t have time to try things on. So, I just bought a few things, brought them home, and whatever fit, I would keep… the rest I would return.
Well, one was a jean skirt that fit just right, perfect for the warmer days ahead. And as I sunk my hands down in the pockets, I found a small piece of paper inside. I opened it up and much to my delight, someone snuck a little handwritten note in my pocket that said:
“you are strong enough!”
In a split second, my heart swelled with love, smiling ear to ear and reveling at how sweet this kind gesture was from a stranger. How simple of an act of kindness it was (and sneaky too!) And I was reminded of the kindness of humanity… we are all part of a collective consciousness, we are ONE. I was so grateful for the kindness and encouragement of this person. This little note stayed affixed on my bathroom mirror for months afterwards. Maybe kindness is in fact, what the world needs now.
Q: Are you wanting to create a life full of kindness? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Breonna Taylor: Who She Was, How She Died, Why Justice Is Overdue – The Daily Show
- How to make kindness the norm – Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
- 100+ ideas for random acts of kindness – Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and focus on creating a life full of kindness this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Bekindr – the transformative power of kindness – Dr. Eva Ritvo
Book: Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art – James Nestor
Book: Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones – James Clear
Book: The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself – Michael A. Singer
Podcast: How to cultivate joy through resilience, featuring Dr Eva Selhub – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Whether you’re looking to…
- hire an expert to help you with one specific aspect of your business or
- looking for a side gig to earn a bit of quick cash or maybe
- you’re just looking for some ideas on how to get back to thriving once again…
Introducing… The Super Connector Network!
Click over to find our carefully curated hub of super handy resources.
About Dr. Eva Ritvo
Dr. Eva Ritvo – She is a psychiatrist with almost 30 years of experience practicing in Miami Beach. She is the author of Bekindr – the transformative power of kindness and the founder of the Bekindr Global Initiative, a movement to bring more kindness in the world.
She is also the co-founder of the Bold Beauty Project (BBP), a nonprofit that pairs women with disabilities with award-winning photographers to create art exhibitions to raise awareness.
Where Dr. Eva hangs out online:
Dr. Eva’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Dr. Wendy Walsh – She is a journalist, psychologist, professor and as the host of the podcast, Mating Matters, Dr. Wendy uses science, personal interviews and examples from pop culture to reveal the secret evolutionary motivation for most every human behavior: Mating Strategy. It’ll help you understand yourself better in every way. In 2017, she bravely spoke out about victims of sexual harassment at Fox News and was named a Time Magazine Person of the Year.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.