Ok so, you’re divorced, you’ve done the inner work and you’re ready to get back out there and date again… so, how do you apply the 5 love languages after divorce? Can this deep wisdom guide you through this season too? (spoiler alert: YES!)
My special guest today is Dr. Gary Chapman and he’s simplifying how to apply the 5 Love Languages after divorce. The truth is, if you’re dipping your toes back into the dating pool, it can be quite daunting… especially if it’s been awhile for you. Online dating in a post pandemic world is a steep learning curve, friends! It’s nice to fall back on this fundamental wisdom to understand how to connect with new people and find what is right for you.
My special guest today is Dr. Gary Chapman and he’s simplifying how to apply the 5 Love Languages after divorce.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- An overview of the 5 Love Languages – what they are and how it all works
- How the 5 Love Languages can be applied specifically to dating and not just marriage
- What advice Dr Gary has for people who haven’t dated in a really long time as they are once again putting their hearts out there to a new partner
- I asked a hard question… Can your primary Love Language evolve as you get older, especially if you found your Love Language was neglected in your past relationship/marriage?
- His best advice on dating people who have children – if you are considering one day to create a blended family with your partner, what to keep in mind there and how the 5 Love Languages can help you here as well
- …and ultimately, Dr Gary shared some of his spiritual beliefs as a Christian as I asked him a listener-requested question about God. Specifically, how to go deeper into your spiritual practice as a whole, if you desire.
All this month, we are focused on the theme of “Radiance” – sharing ideas on how to live a vibrant life where your inner light shines bright once again. Because friends, getting back out there with dating and meeting new people, it takes an obscene amount of courage. Trust me, I know!
And so, if this is you, I hope this episode gives you more tools in your proverbial tool belt as you traverse new ground, start dating again, and put your radiant self back out there.
As always, ping me over on Instagram @thesimplifiers – and tell me your thoughts:
- What new ideas did this conversation spark for you?
- What secrets have you learned in dating nowadays?
Share this episode with a loved one or a friend – especially if you’ve heard their horror stories in online dating.
You can do it, I believe in you… it’s time to simplify!
Q: Are you ready to get back out there and date, applying the 5 Love Languages after divorce? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- The 5 Love Languages, 7 Days, 1 Couple – Stephanie Watson – WebMD
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- July 2022 monthly forecast – Trust and Inner Strength – Lena Stevens – The Power Path
- Gain clarity in 90 minutes: Mary is offering 1-1 creative brainstorming sessions for those looking to get unstuck
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and to help you apply the 5 Love Languages after divorce and in your life? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts – Dr. Gary Chapman
Book: The 5 Love Languages: Singles Edition – Dr. Gary Chapman
Resource: The 5 Love Languages free quiz – which is your primary? – Dr. Gary Chapman
Podcast: How to build love in blended families, featuring Ron L. Deal – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to strengthen your relationships through COVID, featuring Dr. Gary Chapman – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to simplify the 5 Love Languages, featuring Dr. Gary Chapman – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Dr. Gary Chapman, Ph.D.
Dr. Gary Chapman – He is an author, speaker, and counselor—has a passion for people, and for helping them form lasting relationships. He is the author of The 5 Love Languages, which has sold over twenty million copies and has been on the New York Times bestsellers list since 2007.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other creatives and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.