Let’s talk about cooking, more specifically, let’s simplify how to cook lighter with your Instant Pot! It’s happened, I too have jumped on the bandwagon of cooking with an Instant Pot… and can I say, I LOVE IT. It makes batch cooking a cinch and the versatility of what you can make, my goodness, I feel like I’m just scratching the surface!
My special guest today is celebrity cookbook author, Jeffrey Eisner and he’s simplifying how to cook lighter with an Instant Pot. While yes, you could make super gooey, creamy and decadent meals like mac-n-cheese in your Instant Pot, Jeffrey is also going to show us a way to lighten it all up, cooking to your specific eating lifestyle. Whether it’s Keto, Paleo, Gluten-free, or vegetarian and vegan, it’s all about eating wholesome, real food that raises your vibration rather than ones that sink you into a food coma and total brain fog… but here’s the caveat: he promises we won’t lose any of the flavor along the way.
- My special guest today is Jeffrey Eisner and he’s simplifying how to cook lighter with an Instant Pot.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Jeffrey Eisner
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Jeffrey Eisner and he’s simplifying how to cook lighter with an Instant Pot.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- For those just getting started using their Instant Pot, the 2-3 tips that would help you feel less intimidated, so you can get going with experimenting, playing and cooking food with it this week
- What “cooking lighter” looks like for him these days and which recipes he’s enjoying making right now, which might give you a few ideas on what to cook tonight
- Which must-have staples you need stocked in your pantry, specifically for pressure cooking
- Lawry’s seasoned salt
- beef, chicken, vegetable stock, specifically Better than Bouillon concentrated stock base
- dried beans (black, pinto, white beans)
- quinoa, rice (white, brown, wild), and farro
- herbs & spices – TIP: buy one new spice each week to build your pantry and experiment with new flavors!
- How to cook for kids or picky eaters with an Instant Pot – he shares his best advice for parents without much time to cook, but want happy bellies around the dinner table
- …and ultimately, he shared a little bit about his own wellness journey – what he wished he knew earlier on when it comes to eating lighter and maintaining his weight.
Like Jeff, I’ve struggled with my weight since I was a little girl. The number on the scale would go UP and it’d go down in waves. 20 lbs here, 30 lbs there… ugh. And like Jeff, recently I’ve started to really pay attention to the food I put into my body. Ask yourself: what is life-giving food for me and my lifestyle? And what isn’t?
I hope that wherever you are in your health and wellness journey, you’ll find this lighthearted interview inspires you to try something new with your Instant Pot cooking this week.
Q: Are you ready to cook lighter using an Instant Pot? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- 3 hours of (free) focus music for deep concentration – Quiet Quest – Study Music
- How to get your spark back – Huffington Post UK
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and experiment with cooking lighter this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Cookbook: The Lighter Step-By-Step Instant Pot Cookbook: Easy Recipes for a Slimmer, Healthier You – Jeffrey Eisner
Video: How to make Instant Pot Cream of Cauliflower Soup, featuring Jeffrey Eisner – Rachael Ray Show
Book: Atomic Habits – James Clear
Book: Addicted to Americana: Celebrating Classic & Kitschy American Life & Style – Charles Phoenix
Resource: a free online community to give/receive items from your local neighbors, including spices, cooking supplies and more – Buy Nothing
Podcast: How to boost your immune system, featuring Dr. Uma Naidoo – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Jeffrey Eisner
Jeffrey Eisner – He is the creator of Pressure Luck Cooking, a leading, acclaimed and easy-to-follow recipe blog, all about cooking with an Instant Pot. Featured on the Food Network, Good Morning America, and Rachael Ray, his first cookbook became an International Bestseller within a week of its release.
His second cookbook, the much anticipated The Lighter Step-By-Step Instant Pot Cookbook: Easy Recipes for a Slimmer, Healthier You features more health-conscious recipes tailored to those on Keto, Paleo, Gluten-Free and diabetic-friendly lifestyles.
Where Jeffrey hangs out online:
Jeffrey’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Denise Silverman – She is the Executive Director of The Wine & Food Foundation, promoting its mission to cultivate the wine & food community and ensure high program value for its members and stakeholders.
Denise has 20+ years’ experience in events/hospitality, team management, business development, marketing, philanthropy and day to day business operations. She has also proudly served on the Board of Directors for Texas 4000 for Cancer since 2015 – including three years on the Executive Committee and one term as Board Chair.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Subscribe to The Simplifiers Podcast
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy:
TuneIn | Acast | SoundCloud | YouTube | Pandora
… or find us on your favorite podcast app by searching: The Simplifiers Podcast
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.