Ready to spark a little more romance in your life with the 5 Love Languages? Welp, Valentine’s Day has come and gone… and now it’s the other 364 days of the year we’ve got to think about. Time to check in… how are your relationships in your life doing right now, on a scale of one to ten? Let’s be real – attempting to keep your relationships thriving (ney, simply afloat) is no small thing to sneeze at. It takes time, effort and a daily practice of intentional focus.
My special guest today is Jen Mickelborough and she’s simplifying how to spark more romance by using the 5 Love Languages. She’s co-written a new book with Dr. Gary Chapman that shares simple, easy-to-implement ideas of ways to show your love and appreciation with your partner, no matter what their primary Love Language might be. And no matter that we’re in the middle of a lockdown and a pandemic.
- My special guest today is Jen Mickleborough and she’s simplifying how to spark more romance with the 5 Love Languages.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Jen Mickelborough
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Jen Mickleborough and she’s simplifying how to spark more romance with the 5 Love Languages.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- Now that it’s nearly been one full year since lockdown began… what’s the hardest part has been for her and her spouse during it all – how they are coping and keeping their relationship strong
- Why it’s important to ‘focus on the little things’ in your relationship and how to create what she calls a “climate of connection” in the everyday moments of life
- Her book is built on the 5 Love Languages, giving people clever ideas on HOW to do it, based on your significant other’s primary Love Language – she shares her favorite ideas for each type
- Time and funds might be limited these days… she also shares a few easy and inexpensive ideas (from the book) that could infuse your relationship with a little excitement, joy or intimacy
- …and ultimately, I asked her, “what advice would she give newlyweds who are just starting out in their marriage, as it relates to romance?” – and I loved her honest response.
I know many of our listeners are based in Texas and are facing once-in-a-century arctic blast weather right now! Insane snowfall, thunder sleet and subfreezing temperatures… which leads to power outages, no coffee and more importantly, no one is (hopefully) leaving the house for the next few days.
What a time to test these ideas out! If you’ve never taken the 5 Love Languages quiz before, I highly recommend pressing pause right now, visit 5LoveLanguages.com and take the FREE quiz to determine your primary Love Language. Make sure your loved ones take the quiz as well. Once you’re equipped with this information, you’ll be ready for today’s conversation to give it all a go!
Q: Are you ready to spark more romance by using the 5 Love Languages as your guide? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Breonna Taylor: Who She Was, How She Died, Why Justice Is Overdue – The Daily Show
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and begin to spark more romance this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: You Get Me: Simple, Romantic Ways to Speak the 5 Love Languages – Jen Mickelborough
Resource: Online living room dance parties to help you get up and dance, based in London – Morning Gloryville
Podcast: Rebuilding trust in a marriage, with Mark and Jill Savage – Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman
Podcast: How to simplify using the 5 Love Languages, featuring Dr. Gary Chapman – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Jen Mickelborough
Jen Mickelborough – She is a British artist, creating from her garden studio in Sheffield, England.
She owns and runs Sunflare Glass, making stained glass home décor radiating light and colour. Her work resonates with colour as she explores the beauty of nature and everyday wonder.
Where Jen hangs out online:
Jen’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Kirsten Hack – She is a German author, speaker, and coach, helping people learn how to forgive, say yes to themselves, and get the most out of life.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.