Okay, okay – raise your hand if you’ve heard us talking about how to create an effective sales funnel for YEARS now, but still haven’t made one that actually works for your business? Or maybe you’ve got a funnel, but you’ve never formally written it down and shared it with your team? No problem – this one is especially for you!
My special guest today is Dr J.J. Peterson of StoryBrand and he’s simplifying how to create a simple, effective sales funnel that drives sales. If this has been on your proverbial to-do list for like, ever and you never seem to get it done, my friend, everything you need is just ahead as J.J. breaks it all down for us. Bottomline, it’s simpler than you think to take immediate action and hit your sales numbers this month.
My special guest today is Dr. J.J. Peterson and he’s simplifying how to create a simple, effective sales funnel.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- Why every small business (big or small) needs to create a sales funnel and what stops most from doing it
- What the 5 components to an effective sales funnel are, built the StoryBrand way:
- Creating a one liner
- Launching a simple website
- Inviting people in with a lead generator
- Crafting an email sales campaign
- Crafting an email nurture campaign
- How to create a one-liner that catches your prospective client’s attention and intrigues them to want more information and take action – there are 3 parts:
- The problem
- The solution
- The results
- What the 7-step Story Grid is and how it plays into your sales funnel and email campaigns
- spoiler alert: you are NOT the hero of the story… your customers are
- …and ultimately, I asked him what he means by “not using bowling balls in your email campaigns” – why so many do this and what’s better to help convert prospects into paying clients.
Oh man, this episode is definitely one of my favorite conversations so far this season… I’ve loved StoryBrand and followed their work for years now. J.J., Donald Miller, and the team are whip-smart, funny, kind, and they truly know their stuff when it comes to sales and marketing. So, grab your journal and a pen… we cover a lot of ground on this one and I know it’ll help you make a sales breakthrough instantly if you follow the steps.
- Q: Are you ready to learn how to create a simple, effective sales funnel? If yes, this one is for you.
- <What’s catching my eye this week>
- My challenge for you this week:
- Links, books and apps mentioned:
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Dr. J.J. Peterson
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
Q: Are you ready to learn how to create a simple, effective sales funnel? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Breonna Taylor: What happened on the night of her death? – BBC News
- ‘Hoteling’ in the workplace – how offices are changing as people return to work – SpaceIQ
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Gain clarity in 90 minutes: Mary is offering 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking to get unstuck as the world reopens, post pandemic
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and create a simple, effective sales funnel this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business – Donald Miller with Dr. J.J. Peterson
Book: Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen – Donald Miller
Resource: self-paced online course to help you create a sales funnel for your business – Business Made Simple University
Podcast: Introducing the Marketing Made Simple Podcast, launching June 23, 2021 – Marketing Made Simple Podcast
Book: Effortless: Make It Easier to Do What Matters Most – Greg McKeown
Podcast: How to clarify your brand’s message, featuring Carmen Schreffler – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Dr. J.J. Peterson
Dr. J.J. Peterson – Since 2013, Dr. J.J. Peterson has used the StoryBrand Framework to help thousands of organizations clarify their message in order to grow their business.
He holds a PhD in Communication and has spent the last 20 years practicing and teaching communication theory. J.J. has studied C.S. Lewis in Oxford, debated theology with filmmakers at the Sundance Film Festival, directed a documentary, served in marketing and PR for two multinational non-profit organizations, served as a communication professor, and has spoken to thousands of people about creating a clear message.
As the Sr. Director of StoryBrand, J.J. travels around the world facilitating StoryBrand workshops and keynotes, helping people grow their business.
Where J.J. hangs out online:
J.J.’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Robyn Henderson-Espinoza – They are a transqueer activist, Latinx scholar, and public theologian whose life’s work focuses on connecting the dots between theory & action. They help folks within the dominant culture & white-passing folks – who are ready to confront their socialization – to identify the ways they have been conscripted into supremacy culture by leaning into connection and relationship and by composting existing hierarchies into the kind of transformed culture we long to see emerge.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.