What does it take to (truly) be a conscious leader? Raise your hand if you’ve ever had a horrible boss. Okay, now keep your hand raised if you think someone you’ve hired or managed before was thinking about you at that very moment!
My special guest today is executive leadership consultant Karen Wilhelm Buckley and she’s simplifying how to be a conscious leader. She believes that if you want to develop extraordinary leadership skills, you must become aware of the paradigms that lie behind decisions and actions. And equally, you must learn to evolve those paradigms into updated mindsets, systems, structures, roles, and relationships. When you do this, you and your team are better equipped to tackle big change when it happens, get unstuck, and navigate rough waters with grace.
- My special guest today is Karen Wilhelm Buckley and she’s simplifying how to be a conscious leader.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Karen Wilhelm Buckley, M.S.
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Karen Wilhelm Buckley and she’s simplifying how to be a conscious leader.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- What the three core principles are of a “conscious leader”
- authentic presence
- cohesive intention
- resonant action
- Why you must not only have trust in yourself, but also trust in the here & now in order to maintain a higher vibration of consciousness
- How to develop your skills as a compassionate and decisive leader, both in the “visible and invisible realms” of business
- When mapping out your workweek, how to ensure your daily actions and strategies are connected with your core mission and vision, especially when curveballs get thrown in the mix
- How to create breakthrough momentum in your business that creates positive change and results
- …and ultimately, learn how to inspire collective wisdom inside your organization to leverage new opportunities and positive growth.
It’s another week of our new way of podcasting, splitting the weekly episode up into two parts… We’ve been getting lots of positive feedback from you on this!
If you haven’t heard yet, we are releasing the first half now and part two on Friday this week. That way, the content is in a smaller, bite-size portion for you to listen to now, simmer on this entire week and be intentional with integrating what you learn into your everyday life.
We are simplifying our episodes to be shorter in length, easier to listen to, on-the-go.
Things have changed with the pandemic, including our old ways of listening to podcasts (either on our commute or at the gym)…and we’ve listened. Now you get shorter episodes, split into two for simpler learning.
Q: Are you ready to be a conscious leader? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Seven levels of leadership consciousness, illustrated by Elyce Feliz – Richard Barrett
- November 2021 monthly forecast: Pressure – Lena Stevens – The Power Path
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Gain clarity in 90 minutes: Mary is offering 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking to get unstuck as the world reopens, post pandemic
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and learn to be a more conscious leader? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Finding the Mother Tree: Discovering the Wisdom of the Forest – Suzanne Simard
Book: Cassandra Speaks: When Women Are the Storytellers, the Human Story Changes – Elizabeth Lesser
Book: Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants – Robin Wall Kimmerer
Video: Remaking Love – Barbara Fredrickson, Ph.D. – TEDxLowerEastSide
Online Course: Courage of the Heart program, running February 07-11, 2022 – Karen Wilhelm Buckley – Communicore Consulting
Podcast: How to relax your mind, featuring Peter Russell – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Karen Wilhelm Buckley, M.S.
Karen Wilhelm Buckley, M.S. – Committed to cultivating conscious awareness in leadership, Karen Wilhelm Buckley, partners with leaders and their organizations over many years as they develop wise leadership – the skills, strategies, and presence to cultivate committed performance and effectively drive change.
With over four decades experience, Karen’s passion has been designing focused dialogue that results in meaningful action. Karen has worked internationally, bringing together leaders who are effectively working toward a sustainable, caring, and regenerative world.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.