Are you looking to plan the perfect date night for someone special this week? If things are feeling a bit stale or ho hum in your marriage or dating life, maybe it’s time to shake things up a bit and have a little fun. If you need to reignite the spark in a playful way, this episode is especially for you!
My special guest today is entrepreneur Kate Greenhalgh and she’s simplifying how to plan the perfect date night. Her and her husband created this clever little gift called A Year of Dates, which are a series of sealed envelopes with super fun, unique date night ideas written on the inside. As they developed this product, they learned a lot about what makes a great date… and what things you should avoid, as well. Because bottomline… date nights shouldn’t be boring or over-complicated – they should be flirty and FUN!
- My special guest today is Kate Greenhalgh and she’s simplifying how to plan the perfect date night.
- And I just love the idea of you guys getting out there and planning super fun dates this week, after listening to this conversation. I want to hear all about it!
- Q: Are you ready to plan the perfect date night? If yes, this one is for you.
- It’s time to #DoTheThing
- <What’s catching my eye this week>
- My challenge for you this week:
- Links, books and apps mentioned:
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Kate Greenhalgh
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Kate Greenhalgh and she’s simplifying how to plan the perfect date night.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- Where couples tend to go wrong when dating each other and what dating myths are simply not true
- How to assess your partner’s personality traits and strengths, as well as your unified couple strengths when planning a perfect date night and why that is important
- What role mystery and a sense of adventure plays into a great date night – why you need to lean into this more
- She shares a handful of creative date night ideas that could spark fun, romance, or just something refreshingly different that helps foster a deeper connection with the other person
- …and ultimately, what to do if you (or your partner) are reluctant or standoff-ish about trying new things on a date… and how to find a happy medium, instead.
All this month, we are focused on the theme of “Adventure + Play” to shake things up a bit… bring a lighter energy to the table to work with.
And I just love the idea of you guys getting out there and planning super fun dates this week, after listening to this conversation. I want to hear all about it!
I encourage you to test a few ideas out this week and report back to me (DM me on Instagram! @thesimplifiers !)
- What new ideas did this conversation spark for you?
- What things might you try this week?
Share this episode with your loved one and have a chat about it… sometimes a little nudge like this might be the thing you need as a couple to get unstuck.
You can do it, I believe in you… it’s time to simplify!
Q: Are you ready to plan the perfect date night? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- 250 Interesting First Date Questions That’ll Get the Conversation Going – And Keep It Going! – Maryn Liles – Parade Magazine
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- June 2022 monthly forecast – Reality Check and Turning Point – Lena Stevens – The Power Path
- Gain clarity in 90 minutes: Mary is offering 1-1 creative brainstorming sessions for those looking to get unstuck
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and to help you plan a perfect date night? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Resource: A Year of Dates – a gift to help inspire couples to spend more time together
Blog: How to date without blowing the budget! – Jen Carroll – A Year of Dates
Blog: How to date at home – without leaving the house! – Kate Greenhalgh – A Year of Dates
Book: Do What You Love, Love What You Do: The Empowering Secrets to Turn Your Passion into Profit – Holly Tucker MBE
Podcast: How to simplify the 5 Love Languages, featuring Dr. Gary Chapman – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Kate Greenhalgh
Kate Greenhalgh – She co-founded a gifting business called A Year of Dates, which was an idea that originally grew from a Christmas gift from husband to wife.
When John presented Kate with a date jar back in 2014 the couple never thought it would transform their own relationship, and those of thousands of people around the world!
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other creatives and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.