What if I told you it was possible to level up by doing less? Would you give it a go? So many of us have been conditioned over the years that MORE is the answer. More hours in front of your computer. More hustle, more grind, more exertion equals more success. So, umm… how’s that working out for you? For me… not so great. So, let’s talk about doing less, instead.
My special guest today is Kate Northrup and she’s simplifying how to level up by doing less. She taps into the wisdom gained by studying regenerative farming and gardening and it turns out, these lessons learned can be applied to your work and life, just the same.
- My special guest today is Kate Northrup and she’s simplifying how to level up by doing less.
- Q: Are you ready to level up by doing less? If yes, this one is for you.
- It’s time to #DoTheThing!
- <What’s catching my eye this week>
- My challenge for you this week:
- Links, books and apps mentioned:
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Kate Northrup
- Where Kate hangs out online:
- Kate’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Kate Northrup and she’s simplifying how to level up by doing less.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- Which areas of your business that you’ll want to examine first, in order do less and simplify
- What the 4 best practices of ‘regenerative farming’ are and how they can be applied to creating a ‘regenerative’ business, rather than a just ‘sustainable’ one
- mess less
- no spray
- planting cover crops
- How to create a repeatable, provable marketing system without chasing after the “new, shiny object” or subscribing to the “hustle harder” mentality
- When you want to simplify to amplify your revenue, how to do it – spoiler alert: it’s all about creating a symbiotic ecosystem of offerings
- …and ultimately, we talked about the ways she found healing and growth after experiencing a year like 2020. What big shifts she made that helped her and her husband to level up.
I feel it in my core… Now is the time to do less and simplify, especially as we start to re-emerge throughout 2021 in a post-pandemic world. This is not only a year for healing but also a year to reexamine how we structure our lives and how we run our businesses. If 2020 was a year for reflection, then 2021 is a year for rebuilding. So I encourage you to take out your journal and pen, jot down some notes, and spark a conversation with someone after listening to this one.
Not that you need my permission, but I bet you’re totally ready to level up and do less. So, let’s make TODAY the day we do it.
Q: Are you ready to level up by doing less? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Breonna Taylor: Who She Was, How She Died, Why Justice Is Overdue – The Daily Show
- 4 hours of instrumental music to help calm your nervous system – Soaking in His Presence
- The 8 Pillars of Joy, developed by the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Tutu – Yanik Silver
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and level up by doing less this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Do Less: A Revolutionary Approach to Time and Energy Management for Ambitious Women – Kate Northrup
Planner: the Do Less Planner – Kate Northrup
Freebie: the *free* Do Less weekly planning ritual guide – Kate Northrup
Book: A Discovery of Witches: Book One of the All Souls Trilogy – Deborah Harkness
Podcast: How to reclaim your time + energy, featuring Kate Northrup – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Kate Northrup
Kate Northrup – As an entrepreneur, bestselling author, speaker, and mother, she’s built a multimedia educational platform that reaches hundreds of thousands globally.
She’s committed to supporting ambitious women to light up the world without burning themselves out, through her Do Less Planner, her programs, and her books, Do Less and Money: A Love Story. Do Less was named one of the 100 Best Time Management Books of All Time and her work has been featured by The Today Show, The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and more.
Where Kate hangs out online:
Kate’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
adrienne maree brown – She is the writer-in-residence at the Emergent Strategy Ideation Institute, and author of We Will Not Cancel Us: And Other Dreams of Transformative Justice, Pleasure Activism: The Politics of Feeling Good, Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds and the co-editor of Octavia’s Brood: Science Fiction Stories from Social Justice Movements and How to Get Stupid White Men Out of Office. She is the co-host of the How to Survive the End of the World and Octavia’s Parables podcasts. adrienne is rooted in Detroit.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.