Are you ready to reclaim your time and energy back? If there’s one thing I’ve learned so far during this pandemic, it’s this… now, more than ever before, I’m finding it’s time to give myself permission to do less. Slow down my pace. Create more breathing room and reclaim some much needed space in my daily schedule.
Which reminded me of this incredibly poignant conversation I had with Kate Northrup awhile back. We spoke back in April 2019 but really, I think it’s worth listening to once again now, applying a new frame of mind to it all, as we grapple with life and running a business through a pandemic.
Kate is the author of Do Less: A Revolutionary Approach to Time and Energy Management for Ambitious Women, which simplifies how you can begin to reclaim your time and energy in a brand new way.
It’s all about tapping into our inner feminine wisdom that runs on a 28-day cycle, instead of pushing, hustling, and grinding it out like men do… who’s bodies and minds (instead) work on a 24-hour cycle. She believes we are fundamentally different and that’s actually a good thing, helping you work towards doing less and having more.
- My special guest today is Kate Northrup and she’s simplifying how to reclaim your time + energy.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Kate Northrup
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
My special guest today is Kate Northrup and she’s simplifying how to reclaim your time + energy.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- Why we as women (who own their own companies) tend to be addicted to busyness
- How to reclaim your time + energy by taking back control of your schedule and start to set effective boundaries in your work and home life
- What the four parts to a woman’s menstrual cycle are and what type of work you should actually do each week in your cycle to be most effective
- …and ultimately, what the “Upward Cycle of Success” is and how it all comes down to four phases:
- culmination, and
- the fertile void… apply this framework when you’re launching a new project out into the world, whether that’s a new book, a new product/service, a pivot, or doing a big sales push.
I’m finding that I’m currently in a season of ‘the fertile void’ right now and gave myself a little bit of grace and permission to take the foot off the gas this month, so I could rest, reflect and recover. And so far, this gift has been an absolute blessing and much needed.
Enjoy this past conversation I had with Kate and I hope it brings you new insight as you tackle your week ahead.
Q: Are you looking to do less and reclaim your time + energy? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Breonna Taylor appears on the cover of Vanity Fair – why this is important – Los Angeles Times
- Your ‘surge capacity’ is depleted – it’s WHY you feel awful – Tara Haelle
- Americans: register to VOTE – click here
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to do less and reclaim your time + energy this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing – Bronnie Ware
Book: Do Less: A Revolutionary Approach to Time and Energy Management for Ambitious Women – Kate Northrup
Book: Money, A Love Story: Untangle Your Financial Woes and Create the Life You Really Want – Kate Northrup
Podcast: How to structure your 5-hour workday, featuring Trevor Blake – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your stinkin’ thinkin’ – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Kate Northrup
As a couple, Kate and Mike are committed to supporting ambitious women to light up the world without burning themselves out in the process.
At the core, Kate teaches time and energy management practices that result in saving time, making more money, and experiencing less stress.
Featured in Women’s Health, Yahoo! Finance, The Today Show, the Huffington Post and more, Kate wants to show us today how we can do less and have more in life.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.