Wouldn’t it be fun to gamify your sales strategy? Especially if it means that you can hit your sales goal faster with a playful spirit and a little more ease… that sounds good to me!
My special guest today is gamification consultant Kimba Cooper and she’s simplifying how to gamify your sales strategy. Why do we as humans like to play games so much? Kimba shares her insight and helps us better understand what it is about games that make them so compelling, what elements motivate people to play, and how we can translate this into our work.
- My special guest today is Kimba Cooper and she’s simplifying how to gamify your sales strategy.
- And I loved this conversation with Kimba as it started to open my eyes on ways to translate this playful spirit into the workplace, regardless of if you own your own company or work inside a larger organization.
- Q: Are you ready to gamify your sales strategy? If yes, this one is for you.
- It’s time to #DoTheThing
- <What’s catching my eye this week>
- My challenge for you this week:
- Links, books and apps mentioned:
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Kimba Cooper
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Kimba Cooper and she’s simplifying how to gamify your sales strategy.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- First things first – she defines what “gamification” is and why it could help your sales team sell more products and services, in the long run
- In what ways you should NOT gamify your work and the one key ingredient all gamification needs, every single time
- How to gamify various elements in the customer buying journey to help boost engagement in the sales cycle
- What pitfalls you must avoid in your gamification strategy either with your clients, prospects, and/or with your internal team
- …and ultimately, what brands are doing gamification really well out there in the world that you should know about.
All this month, we are focused on the theme of “Adventure + Play” to shake things up a bit… bring a lighter energy to the table to work with.
And I loved this conversation with Kimba as it started to open my eyes on ways to translate this playful spirit into the workplace, regardless of if you own your own company or work inside a larger organization.
I encourage you to test a few ideas out this week and report back to me (DM me on Instagram! @thesimplifiers !) What worked, what changed the energy for you and helped you get better results? And equally, what felt challenging or like a roadblock? All of it is learning, helping you hone in on what’s most important as you simplify.
You can do it, I believe in you… it’s time to simplify!
Q: Are you ready to gamify your sales strategy? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Gamification in the Workplace: Stats, Engagement, and Examples – Neelie Verlinden – AIHR: Academy to Innovate HR
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- June 2022 monthly forecast – Reality Check and Turning Point – Lena Stevens – The Power Path
- Gain clarity in 90 minutes: Mary is offering 1-1 creative brainstorming sessions for those looking to get unstuck
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and to help you gamify your sales strategy? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Profit First: Transform your business from a cash-eating monster to a money-making machine – Mike Michalowicz
Quiz: How to solve challenges in your business with gamification – Kimba Digital
Article: Bartle’s Player Types for Gamification – Janaki Mythily Kumar and Rikke Friis Dam – Interaction Design Foundation
Resource: free online spinning wheel to run contests – wheelofnames.com
Podcast: How to understand what your customer wants, featuring Melina Palmer – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Kimba Cooper
Kimba Cooper – She is an innovative and creative entrepreneur who has been using gamification to improve results and meet her goals both personally and professionally.
As a consultant, she helps other businesses to apply gamification techniques to help boost results for themselves and their customers.
Also, Kimba has gamified her personal life, as well. As a sponsored hula hooper, she’s used gamification to outsell the other professional hoopers by 10x, and also, gamifying has helped her read more, exercise more regularly, and find time to learn new skills (all while having fun!)
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.