Do you think (in this day and age) it’s possible to market your business without social media? If you had asked me three years ago, I would have vehemently said, “Heck NO! Social media is the lifeblood to stay connected, and your business would DIE without it!”
But nowadays, I’m starting to question if that fundamental belief is actually true… or not.
My special guest today is Leonie Dawson, an international best-selling author who’s defying it all and she’s simplifying how to market your business without social media. She’s running a multi-million dollar business and only working 10 hours a week. During these 10 hours, Leonie is not wasting a ton of time on social media.
- My special guest today is Leonie Dawson and she’s simplifying how to market your business without social media.
- Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
- About Leonie:
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- Why more and more businesses are saying NO to social media these days
- How focusing on growing your email list might be the best move you make this month
- What is working for Leonie right now, as she continues to sell her workbooks, online courses and services across the world
- Leonie’s thoughts on deactivating social media accounts or taking periodic social media sabbaticals (what I like to call a “digital detox”)
- …and ultimately, her other favorite ways to market your business that don’t require the mindless death scroll of social media.
If you’re feeling burnt out and exhausted from posting on social media all-the-FREAKIN-time, girl I feel ya.
In this popular replay episode, we pull back the magic curtain and get to the bottom of HOW Leonie avoids the social media trap. We also learn WHY she made a big shift in how she approaches social media marketing.
So grab your journal, take notes, as this one is guaranteed to spark a new idea for you!
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Here’s what you need to know about Breonna Taylor’s death – New York Times
- 44 self-care tips for taking care of you during a pandemic – Everyday Health
- Americans: register to VOTE – click here
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to step away from social media this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Article: Why Businesses Are Quitting Social Media (+ Changes I’m Making To My Business) – Leonie Dawson
Article: I’m Pressing Pause On Social Media – Leonie Dawson
Tool: News Feed Eradicator for Facebook – Chrome web store
Book: White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism – Robin DiAngelo
Podcast: How to sell with authenticity, featuring Kendrick Shope – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your stinkin’ thinkin’ – The Simplifiers Podcast
Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Whether you’re looking to…
- hire an expert to help you with one specific aspect of your business or
- looking for a side gig to earn a bit of quick cash or maybe
- you’re just looking for some ideas on how to get back to thriving once again…
Introducing… The Super Connector Network!
Click over to find our carefully curated hub of super handy resources.
Leonie Dawson – She is the internationally best-selling author of the 2019 My Shining Year Life Goals Workbook, (and the 2020 workbook edition). These workbooks are used by more than 350,000 people around the world!
Leonie is a serial creative entrepreneur. She has built multi-million dollar companies in only 10 hours a week, so she can focus on her family. She lives on an acreage in the Sunshine Coast in Australia with her husband and two daughters.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.