Are you self-sabotaging and wondering WHY you’re not getting the results you want in life? Have no fear, Lilli Badcock is here to help us break through our “Upper Limits” that stop us from succeeding.
- Lilli’s mission is to help her clients build unshakable confidence and to THRIVE in spite of anxiety. Learn how to squash self-sabotage in simple ways.
- About Lilli Badcock
- Join us, and become a Simplifier
Lilli’s mission is to help her clients build unshakable confidence and to THRIVE in spite of anxiety. Learn how to squash self-sabotage in simple ways.
And, to top it all off, this girl is FUNNY!
In this episode, you will learn:
- Figure out if you have an “Upper Limit” problem – step one is Awareness, Acknowledge and then Honor your feelings. Step two is your Perception of what all of this means.
- That when we dig down and get to the root of it, our anxiety, fear, stress and overwhelm stems from our belief that we’re not OK and/or we won’t be ok if X,Y and Z happens
- Lilli’s moment of truth when she decided it was time to take action on her dreams
and how that led to her successful podcast of 40,000 downloads
- Why Lilli is most grateful for the anxiety she has suffered in her life
- How Lilly said “thanks but no thanks” to staying on medication for anxiety just to make her feel “normal”
- That self-sabotage is just fear. It’s the fear of going thru the tricky stuff AND the fear of actually getting what you want
Learn the Signs of Self-Sabotage:
- You feel like you aren’t getting the results you want in life
- You fall for the trap of “Bright Shiny Objects” – external solutions that’ll “fix” or “help” us because deep down you believe that, on your own, you’re not enough
- You struggle to follow-through on projects, new diet plans, goals, reading books
Why do we do this?!
- You don’t feel worthy of the results you will get from finishing the book or the course because we all have our own “upper limit” of what we feel we are capable of, worthy or deserving of)
- You feel like you won’t know who you are if you’re NOT struggling or worrying about that thing.
- You’re afraid that if you finish it, it might not work
- Or you’re afraid that you might just succeed and how scary is that?
Sabotage comes from trying to beat ourselves down a path that maybe isn’t our path. However, if you ask from your heart and your soul, your path will unfold. Trust that it’s the right path for you.
Here’s how you can cultivate a healthier, more thriving mindset and deeper confidence in your abilities.
Ask yourself these “What If” questions to retrain your brain and pull you out of the muck:
- What if your challenges are not blocks? But Instead, building blocks and things we can climb up onto to get to the next level.
- What if we’re all here on a journey and part of that journey is to grow. learn, expand and elevate?
- What if we’re always OK?
- What if you could create change in an instant?
Shift your mindset: Although there is always something negative to focus on, there also ALWAYS something positive as well.
One of Lilli’s favorite mantras:
“I’m safe, I’m loved and all is well.”
Get clear on where you’re going and every decision becomes very easy because it either takes you towards it or away from it.
Giving yourself the space you need so that you can hear the nudges we get from the Universe.
- Know that awareness without judgment allows you to simply make a new choice
- Always honor how you feel and…
Realize the power of perception and how you CAN change in an instant.
My challenge for you this week:
What is one thing you’re struggling to finish right now? A business book, a course, staying on a diet plan, something else? What if you gave yourself permission and said, “I’ve finished this and I’m right where I’m supposed to be.” Snap a photo of you doing the thing and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support.
Links, people and books mentioned:
- The Big Leap – book by Gay Hendricks – https://amzn.to/2KDswnz
- May Cause Miracles – book by Gabby Bernstein – https://amzn.to/2HLNYFf
- The Confidence Academy Members Club, led by Lilli – http://lillibadcock.com/main_page/the-confidence-academy-members-club/
- AUDIO PROGRAM: How to Thrive in Spite of Anxiety (£27 GBP) – http://lillibadcock.com/product/how-to-thrive-in-spite-of-anxiety/
- AUDIO PROGRAM: The Self-Belief Sessions – a 5-part audio program to help you get back to unshakeable confidence and self-belief! (£47 GBP) – http://lillibadcock.com/product/the-self-belief-sessions/
Favorite quotes from this episode:
“For the most part, my anxiety sits in the back of the car…it’s not even allowed to touch the stereo and it certainly doesn’t get to call the shots!” – Lilli
“The whisper of inspiration is nothing compared to the shrill scream of fear.
Inspiration need to have a word with itself and step up it’s game a little bit because it’s got no balls.” – Lilli
“It’s my belief that challenges are not blocks, but the direct route to whatever it is you’ve asked for. You have to go through the fire “ – Lilli
“When you always visualize dreams as being in the future, guess where they stay?” – Lilli
“Instead of going through life hoping nothing goes wrong, why not just expect it to” – spiritual lady at financial conference
“Each one of those limiting believes that you say to yourself either subconsciously or consciously is like an anchor. You’re a big Tug boat with a big anchor dropped down into the ocean and holding you from actually making forward progress” – Mary
About Lilli Badcock
Lilli Badcock is a Transformational Confidence Coach, Author and Motivational Speaker, whose mission is to help her clients build unshakable confidence and to THRIVE in spite of anxiety!
Lilli is also the Founder of The Confidence Academy and host of The Confidence Academy Podcast.
Lilli’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Caroline Cavanagh – Lilli’s hypnotherapist – http://addingzest.com/
Where Lilli hangs out online:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theconfidenceacademy/
Join us, and become a Simplifier
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way. In addition, we’ve created a free online community just for you, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers as well.
Click here to join and start SIMPLIFYING: https://thesimplifiers.com/super/
Subscribe to The Simplifiers Podcast
Don’t forget, you can tune in to the podcast on any of these fantastic FREE platforms, whatever suits your fancy: