What is the most appropriate way to put yourself out there, gain visibility, and market your business in these very weird times? It’s hard to know how to serve your clients and audience through all of this… and you might have a lingering fear that it’ll come off as “profiteering” or taking advantage of people while they are at their lowest point. I hear that… and we’ve got some ideas in today’s episode.
My special guest today is Lori Granito and she’s simplifying how to put yourself out there and gain visibility for your business, without coming off skeezy. It’s time to step up and step out into the world, sharing our talents and expertise to the people who really need our help right NOW.
- In order for your business to survive COVID-19, you must pivot and put your focus on serving your audience with what they need MOST right now.
- My special guest today is Lori Granito and she’s simplifying how to put yourself out there + gain visibility, once again.
- Create your (revised) strategic plan for the year ahead!
- About Lori Granito
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
In order for your business to survive COVID-19, you must pivot and put your focus on serving your audience with what they need MOST right now.
My hope is this conversation inspires you to think of new ways you can get back out there and start once again talking about your business, bringing value to your audience and helping them solve their greatest fears and pains. But also I hope that you are encouraged with new energy to put yourself back out there… lead your teams and as a result, gain more visibility as a leader, a guide, and a voice of LIGHT for the people you connect with this week.
I can’t wait to see you SHINE bright.
My special guest today is Lori Granito and she’s simplifying how to put yourself out there + gain visibility, once again.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- Why some women struggle with stepping up and into the spotlight, professionally and how to squash that fear
- How to create a strategic plan when asking for financial assistance, whether it’s a pitch competition, pitching for bank loans, grants, crowdfunding or beyond
- Lori’s insider secrets on how to land your first TEDx talk – what they are looking for when you apply
- How to leverage local public speaking opportunities where you live or are travelling to in the year ahead, including online events and webinars
- As a public speaker, what the best way for you to sell from the stage that results in new clients, every time
- Lori’s insider advice if you’re currently writing your first book, plus the biggest lessons she’s learned so far in the process of writing her new book, “Take Up Space”
Q: Are you feeling nervous about putting yourself out there and marketing your business during COVID-19? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s helping today with COVID-19>
- Mary’s Facebook page – “Show me your faces!”
- Sleeping at Last – It’s a Small World
- Thank you Coronavirus – a short video by Riya Sokol that might reframe what’s going on with gratitude and new light
- Mary is featured on the BBC Radio Lancashire (Sun, April 12, 2020 – at the 2:30pm BST mark), sharing her story about #redpursegate and her “pandemic pen pal” Felix!
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and put yourself back out there this week? What’s one thing you could do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear – Elizabeth Gilbert
Podcast: How to re-emerge after hibernation, featuring Carrie Contey – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: When is it best to make a career pivot? – The Simplifiers Podcast
Create your (revised) strategic plan for the year ahead!
Aligned with my conversation with Lori today, we’ve got a free template to help you map out your (NEWLY pivoted) strategic plan for the year ahead.
No need to start from scratch, this simple download will help you map out the next 12 months ahead, getting you one step closer to achieving your business goals for the year.
It’s time to #dothething – this resource will help you SIMPLIFY!
Download this free resource to help you clarify your monthly goals and #DoTheThing!
About Lori Granito
Lori Granito – She is a 4x TEDx Speaker, 2x Entrepreneur of the Year award winner, professional speaker, and has built 4 million dollar businesses. She is a serial entrepreneur and is the founder of Legendary Coaching & the Boss Lady Millionaires Club. She is a breakthrough business mentor helping high achieving women entrepreneurs scale their businesses to $1million and beyond, push past fears and stop playing small, so that they can build meaningful, thriving businesses that make more money, while living a high quality life that they love.
Her mission is to help increase the number of women running million dollar businesses (currently a paltry 2%) by sharing their message, scaling their businesses and impacting the world. Lori splits her time between Hong Kong (where she’s lived for 28 years) and Vietnam, but is originally from New Orleans,. Her businesses have been featured in publications such as Travel and Leisure, Time, Newsweek, Forbes, Essence, and The Robb Report. Her television appearances include CNBC’s ‘The Winners’, CNN’s Global Office program, a six week run on Bloomberg’s Asia Confidential.
Where Lori hangs out online:
Facebook Group: @BossLadyMillionairesClub
Facebook Group: @MotivationalSpeakersandTEDxSeekers
Lori’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Rebecca Lindsay Kuritz – She is a personal branding photographer and founder of Evolved Imagery. Rebecca firmly believes photographing is an exchange of energy between two people on a self evolution journey; she learns life lessons from each person in front of her lens.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Yardley Digital are experts at making your website super fast, super polished, and performing at it’s very best.
If your website has been needing an overhaul for awhile now, these are the guys to call. Their attention to detail, excellent customer service, and cutting edge technical expertise make them the only ones I trust with my website. And right now, they are offering our listeners 10% of all services by using the promo code: SIMPLE
In addition, small business owners who’ve been affected by COVID-19 can take advantage of their “pay as you feel” pricing right now. The time is NOW to get your website looking great, so you can start driving sales once again.CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE & GET CONNECTED
(And make sure to tell them The Simplifiers sent ya!)
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.