Q: how do you live a life of substance in an artificial world? For so long, we’ve been a society that ranks celebrities over charities and pretty over profound, especially in women. This has led us to overworking, a constant dread of “not enough-ness,” and a never-ending yearning to consume. It’s toxic, vapid, and I dare say, it’s starting to break us wide open.
My special guest today is civil rights attorney Maaria Mozaffar and she’s simplifying how to live a life of substance. One that isn’t built on Instagram filters and amassing a storage unit full of useless stuff or a mountain of debt… but instead, a life worth living. One where you feel empowered as a vital part of your local community and you’re creating change (not only for yourself but for others), built on a foundation of deep purpose.
Yes, I want this too. Here’s how.
- My special guest today is Maaria Mozaffar and she’s simplifying how to live a life of substance.
- Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
- About Maaria Mozaffar
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
My special guest today is Maaria Mozaffar and she’s simplifying how to live a life of substance.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- Why it feels like the human race is so polarized and disconnected from one another, now more than ever before and what she believes is a better way
- Her take on George Floyd’s murder and the US government’s response to it. People are angry and hurting right now, Maaria shares her ideas on how we can collectively become part of the solution and rebuild together
- Why she started ‘The SkinLess Project,’ a hub that provides women with role models of empowerment globally and how the core tenets of this project can help us all live a life of substance and be “more than pretty”
- How it’s critically important to break through your echo chamber and start to talk to people who are nothing like yourself to create real change
- …and finally, she shares the difference between being “nice” and being “polite” – which is better for women, especially now.
I’m inspired by Maaria’s work and I know you will be too. In fact, her new digital series called ‘A Way Forward’ is definitely one to bookmark as she has one-on-one, impactful conversations with people of all walks of life, helping us navigate difficult conversations. It’s here where she leads us through this uncomfortable territory where we may feel safe but stuck. We can disagree without descending into disrespect when our focus is the humanity we share. She helps us find A Way Forward.
I hope this conversation is the gateway for you on this journey.
Listen to the past conversations with powerful women that led me to Maaria:
Q: Are you trying to figure out how to live a life of substance? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s helping today with COVID-19>
- Wonderland Worldwide Festival – produced countless workshops last weekend, celebrating summer solstice at Stonehenge – support them through GoFundMe
- 26 movies, documentaries, & shows about race to stream right now – Refinery 29
- Americans: register to VOTE – click here
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and refine how you live your life with substance this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently in your work? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Video series: A Way Forward – Maaria Mozaffar
Film: 13th – documentary to better understand racism in America – Ava DuVernay
Podcast: How to transform your life + start over again, featuring Alicia Haywood – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your stinkin’ thinkin’ – The Simplifiers Podcast
Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Whether you’re looking to…
- hire an expert to help you with one specific aspect of your business or
- looking for a side gig to earn a bit of quick cash or maybe
- you’re just looking for some ideas on how to get back to thriving once again…
Introducing… The Super Connector Network!
Click over to find our carefully curated hub of super handy resources.
About Maaria Mozaffar
Maaria Mozaffar – She is a civil rights lawyer, mediator, legislative drafter, the author of More Than Pretty, mother, wife and a triathlete.
She is also the host of a new digital series called ‘A Way Forward,’ leading people through difficult conversations during difficult times… where we may feel safe but stuck.
Where Maaria hangs out online:
Maaria’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Jacqueline Camacho-Ruiz – She is a visionary social entrepreneur that has created an enterprise of inspiration. She’s published over a dozen books, launched two nonprofit organizations, published over a dozen books, and is an international motivational speaker and cancer survivor. In addition, she is one of the few Latina sports airplane pilots in the United States and is about to embark on the historic air race that 20 women flyers participated in crossing the United States 91 years ago, including the famous Amelia Earhart.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.