If you’ve experienced a loss recently, I’m sure you’ve also felt the effects of grief and trauma as well. Somewhere along the way, you might have lost yourself, too. Let’s talk about that.
My special guest today is author Michele Neff Hernandez and she’s simplifying how to rediscover yourself after grief and trauma. Truth is, with this pandemic, every single one of us on the planet collectively have lost something these last few years. Big or small, that trauma stay stuck in our bodies and it needs time and intentional space to process it as part of the healing process.
- My special guest today is Michele Neff Hernandez and she’s simplifying how to rediscover yourself after grief + trauma.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Michele Neff Hernandez
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Michele Neff Hernandez and she’s simplifying how to rediscover yourself after grief + trauma.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- When a life-altering loss or trauma has happened, so many people just wish things would “go back to normal.” Why this is not a good idea.
- How to grieve who you used to be before this big change happened without getting stuck holding on to the past.
- What “integration” is and the role it plays when you’ve experienced loss and are on the path of rediscovering yourself.
- Why she recommends thinking of yourself as “a goldfish in a fishbowl” as a way to simplify and filter out what doesn’t help on the road to recovery.
- …and ultimately, what is needed in order to dream a new dream and (as she says) “own your phoenix.”
All this month, we’ve been focused on simplifying different aspects of our body for better understanding on how our body, mind, and spirit are inner-connected. This powerful conversation tackles it from a slightly different angle and I’m so thrilled to share it with you.
Take it slow, take deep breaths along the way, and more importantly, talk to someone about this episode.
Just one person to help you remove some of the burden off your shoulders and slowly move forward on your path. We were never meant to tackle life alone. You’ve got me, heart wide open, running alongside you as well. Just breathe, my friend.
Q: Are you ready to rediscover yourself after grief + trauma? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Practical resources for processing grief and loss – CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- February 2022 monthly forecast: Discipline – Lena Stevens – The Power Path
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Gain clarity in 90 minutes: Mary is offering 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking to get unstuck as the world reopens, post pandemic
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and to help you rediscover yourself after grief + trauma? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Different after You: Rediscovering Yourself and Healing after Grief and Trauma – Michele Neff Hernandez
Book: Rodham: A Novel – Curtis Sittenfeld
Podcast: How to live boldly after unwanted change, featuring Miriam Neff – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Michele Neff Hernandez
Michele Neff Hernandez – She is the founder and CEO of Soaring Spirits International, an international widowed peer-support network which has served over four million widowed people since 2009. Since the death of her husband, Phillip, Michele has dedicated herself to providing resources, support, and community to widowed men and women around the world.
She is the author of Different after You: Rediscovering Yourself and Healing after Grief and Trauma. Michele is the founder of the Soaring Spirits Resilience Center at Schreiner University, an awarded speaker, and a featured trainer for hospices and bereavement teams with a focus on resilience in grief. She was named a 2021 Top Ten CNN Hero, accepting her award from Wonder Woman and widow, Lynda Carter. Michele loves serving grieving communities and is honored to have been a part of thousands of peoples’ evolution from surviving to thriving.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.