Have you been curious on how to go vegan? In the slew of big changes that have happened this year, what’s one more, eh? No but really… if you’ve been contemplating a move towards a more healthy, plant-based lifestyle and away from eating meat, here’s where to begin.
My special guest today is Michelle Cehn and she’s simplifying how to go vegan. This is part two from our conversation earlier this season on how to stock your plant-based ‘pandemic pantry’ (episode 131). We received an overwhelmingly positive response to that episode, which leads me to believe that many of us are considering eliminating meat and animal products from our diets.
- My special guest today is Michelle Cehn and she’s simplifying how to go vegan.
- Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
- About Michelle Cehn
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Michelle Cehn and she’s simplifying how to go vegan.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- If you’re ready to take the leap and stop eating meat, she reveals the first step that is crucial towards success
- Why you need to ‘build a bank of great plant-based recipes’ and where to find them
- How to “veganize your kitchen” and what the very best (and most affordable) tools you’ll need to get started
- When and where you can find a community of plant-based people both locally and globally, that’ll support you along the journey
- What the single most important thing you must do once you go plant-based
- …and ultimately, she shares the very best tips if you happen to fall off the wagon.
Michelle shows us the friendly way to introduce a more plant-based diet and lifestyle into your home and family. For so many of us, let’s be REAL – this is super scary… what’s left to eat if I eliminate meat and cheese from my diet!??! I know, I know… it’s my fear, as well. However, I put myself forth as tribute to try it out, ask all the “dumb questions,” and help to simplify it down for us.
Will you join me on this journey? I promise it’ll be fun and might help all of us reduce the brain fog, gain more natural energy, and even save some money on groceries all along the way!
Q: Are you wanting to learn how to go vegan? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Breonna Taylor’s attorneys seek a new prosecutor after jurors speak out – Yahoo News
- Prince Harry: ‘Upbringing and education’ meant he had ‘no idea unconscious bias existed’ until he met Meghan – The Telegraph
- Free vegan meal plans – Plant-based on a Budget
- Americans: simple voting guide to know what’s on the ballot – VOTE 411
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and try to go vegan this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: The Friendly Vegan Cookbook: 100 Essential Recipes to Share with Vegans and Omnivores Alike – Michelle Cehn and Toni Okamoto
Resource: How to vegan in 10 simple steps – World of Vegan
Resource: How to go vegan without breaking the bank, affordable tips & recipes – Plant-based on a budget
Resource: Vegan Festivals directory – where to find your local vegan communities – VegFest
Podcast: How to stock your plant-based ‘pandemic pantry,’ featuring Michelle Cehn – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your stinkin’ thinkin’ – The Simplifiers Podcast
Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Whether you’re looking to…
- hire an expert to help you with one specific aspect of your business or
- looking for a side gig to earn a bit of quick cash or maybe
- you’re just looking for some ideas on how to get back to thriving once again…
Introducing… The Super Connector Network!
Click over to find our carefully curated hub of super handy resources.
About Michelle Cehn
She is also co-host of the Plant-Powered People Podcast, also the Plant-based on a Budget Meal Plans, and the 7 Days documentary. In addition, she is a new mama on a mission to inspire compassion and positive change.
Where Michelle hangs out online:
Michelle’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Sadia Badiei – She is a Canadian foodie and Dietetics graduate currently living in the Netherlands who runs a popular global blog, Pick Up Limes sharing uncomplicated vegan recipes that are nutritious, delicious and visually appealing.
Her blog includes valuable information on digestive wellness, weight management, disordered eating habits, mental and emotional health around food, sports nutrition, and nutrition for toddlers and children.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.