Is there a whisper on your heart that is sparking you to reimagine your career path right now? Quite possibly, it’s wooing you to head in a different direction and make a career shift. Well, if that’s you, listen on.
My special guest today is Misha Rubin and he’s simplifying how to reimagine your career path as the world reopens. If you’re feeling a bit stuck or stagnant in your current work… or faced with a fork in the road (should I stay or should I go), I know for a fact that “stuck-ness” can feel incredibly debilitating. The confusion, the stress, the worry – all of it is exhausting. So, if you’re in this space right now or curious if there’s something better for you out there, Misha helps to simplify it all down for you.
- My special guest today is Misha Rubin and he’s simplifying how to reimagine your career path.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Misha Rubin
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Misha Rubin and he’s simplifying how to reimagine your career path.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- How to define “meaningful, fulfilling work” in this day in age, post pandemic
- What 3 questions you must ask yourself when it comes to finding new opportunities that are within your grasp right now
- Where do I look for them?
- How do I recognize them?
- And how come I’m not pursuing them?
- If you’re considering a career leap, how to decide where and what to leap to next, no matter if it’s the decision to close/open a business, enter/exit corporate job or something else
- What the 4 pillars of ‘The Career Leap’ method are and how it all works
- Knowing (your) self
- Dismantling disempowering beliefs
- Having impactful communication, and
- Taking intentional actions
- …and ultimately, how to dismantle our disempowering beliefs of what’s possible next for your career and life ahead.
Misha talks about the fact that we are living in unprecedented times right now. The quarantine made remote work acceptable by most employers. There are very few geographic limitations in place, which means if you live in Tucson, you could now very easily work remotely for a New York-based company and get paid at New York level wages. Businesses are transforming and society is shifting in massive ways. And he puts forth that “there’s never been an easier time than now to start a business.”
So I hope that today’s conversation is a bit of a Divine Nudge for you to expand your perspective just a wee bit… and realized that it’s entirely possible you have no idea just how much is possible, in your work and in your life. And let that thought be a blessing for you in the week ahead.
Q: Are you ready to reimagine your career path ahead? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Chauvin gets 22.5 years in prison for George Floyd’s death – AP News
- How to make tough career decisions – 80,000 Hours
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Gain clarity in 90 minutes: Mary is offering 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking to get unstuck as the world reopens, post pandemic
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and reimagine your career path this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Freebie: a free 3-day mini-course to help you dismantle your disempowering beliefs – Career Crackathon
Book: The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life’s Perfection – Michael A. Singer
Podcast: How to supercharge your self-confidence, featuring Kate Eckman – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Misha Rubin
Misha Rubin – He is an entrepreneur and career educator… and until recently, he was a Partner at Ernst & Young, where he spent 15 years managing hundred-million-dollars worth of projects, advised a countless number of clients and guided hundreds of careers.
His corporate experience, personal quest for meaning and fulfillment, and rigorous study, birthed The Career Leap method – a pragmatic, elevating and actionable process designed for people to obtain clarity about their next career moves.
Where Misha hangs out online:
Misha’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Kian – Based in Barcelona, they tap into your inner hero, creating magical pieces of “heART” from your upcycled clothing that are uniquely you.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.