Q: how do you set healthy boundaries in life, especially if you feel like yours have been trampled over and over again lately? For many of us, this current season has been space for deep reflection. And for some, we’ve realized it’s time to reset once again.
My special guest today is author Nancy Levin and she’s simplifying how to set healthy boundaries. She is known for helping overachieving people-pleasers live life on their own terms. Here’s how.
- My special guest today is Nancy Levin and she’s simplifying how to set healthy boundaries.
- Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
- About Nancy Levin
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
My special guest today is Nancy Levin and she’s simplifying how to set healthy boundaries.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- Why some women struggle to define and uphold their boundaries, personally or professionally
- How to begin the process of defining your boundaries by writing “boundary script”
- What to do if you’re attempting to conquer codependent behaviors
- The steps to creating your own “boundary pyramid,” a simple tool to help you set healthier boundaries
- How to say ‘no’ effectively and stick with it
- …and understanding what your “bottom-line boundary” is and how to set it and communicate it with others, confidently
During the 12 years that Nancy was the Event Director at Hay House, she produced more than 1,000 events. So, it was such a pleasure to speak to another events professional on this specific topic. The events industry is one that revolves around being a “people pleaser” and going the extra mile, no matter the cost. If you work in events, you’re going to love this conversation.
Q: Are you trying to figure out how to set healthy boundaries in your life? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s helping today with COVID-19>
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- Why you should say Black Lives Matter – Peppermint & Bob
- Watching the NASA live feed – Bob & Doug at the International Space Station
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and set healthy boundaries this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently while at work? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Patriarchy Stress Disorder: The Invisible Inner Barrier to Women’s Happiness and Fulfillment – Valerie Rein, PhD
Podcast: How to invite Real Love into your life, featuring Terri Cole – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Whether you’re looking to…
- hire an expert to help you with one specific aspect of your business or
- looking for a side gig to earn a bit of quick cash or maybe
- you’re just looking for some ideas on how to get back to thriving once again…
Introducing… The Super Connector Network!
Click over to find our carefully curated hub of super handy resources.
About Nancy Levin
Nancy Levin – She is a Master Coach and bestselling author of several books including her latest, Setting Boundaries Will Set You Free.
Formerly the Event Director at Hay House for over a decade, Nancy is the creator of Levin Life Coach Academy and offers in-depth coaching and training programs designed to support clients in making themselves a priority and setting boundaries that stick.
Where Nancy hangs out online:
Facebook Group: transformtogether.us
Nancy’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Leslie Tagorda – founder of New Moon Creative Co, providing brand astrology readings for creative entrepreneurs and social impact makers to help them step in, step up, and step out.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.