Are you ready to step up and be the CEO of your well-being? If last year taught us anything at all, it reminded us of how incredibly important it is to take good care of our body, mind, and spirit in order to stay grounded through big change. Self-care is no longer a “should” but a “must-have” priority to maintain your well-being as an entrepreneur.
My special guest today is author Naz Beheshti and she’s simplifying how to be the CEO of your well-being. Like a CEO, you’re setting the vision for the year ahead, making calculated predictions that will hopefully pay off in the months to come and equally, making cuts where necessary. All of this requires a whole new vantage point on how you live your life and a possible shift in your mindset to level up.
- My special guest today is Naz Beheshti and she’s simplifying how to be the CEO of your well-being.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Naz Beheshti
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Naz Beheshti and she’s simplifying how to be the CEO of your well-being.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- What she learned while working as Steve Jobs’ executive assistant, inside the pressure cooker of Silicon Valley… how this brilliant person took great care of himself and equally grew the Apple brand simultaneously
- Her book is called “Pause. Breathe. Choose.” – we take a deep dive into all three sections and she defines what mindfulness could look like through a pandemic
- How to make better choices that will help us manage our stress and build resilience, using the ACE Method: acute, chronic, eustress
- …and ultimately, what the “3 P’s to well-being” are – pain, prana and purpose, understanding how we can tap into all three areas to our advantage, through our work. We also do a breathwork exercise together to build that prana life-force energy.
It was fascinating to hear her stories of working with Steve Jobs early on in her career, to really get an insider’s peek into that world when Apple was booming.
And it certainly rings true for me… when I take good care of myself, get enough sleep, drink more water than coffee, move my body, take time to focus in on my breath, rest, reflect and prioritize it into my daily schedule, I become a better CEO for The Simplifiers. Opportunities (magically) open up and I achieve flow state for longer periods of time.
This is truly living a simplified, joy-filled life. And I hope today’s conversation sparks something new for you, as well.
Q: Are you ready to be the CEO of your well-being? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Breonna Taylor: Who She Was, How She Died, Why Justice Is Overdue – The Daily Show
- 15 foods that boost the immune system – Healthline
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and start to be the CEO of your well-being this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Pause. Breathe. Choose.: Become the CEO of Your Well-Being – Naz Beheshti
Book: Untamed – Glennon Doyle
Podcast: How to boost your immune system, featuring Dr. Uma Naidoo – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Naz Beheshti
Naz Beheshti – She is the author of Pause. Breathe. Choose.: Become the CEO of Your Well-Being. She is an executive wellness coach, speaker, Forbes contributor, thought leader, and CEO and founder of Prananaz, a corporate wellness company improving leadership effectiveness, employee engagement and well-being.
Clients include Nike, JPMorgan Chase, Omega Institute, UCSF, Columbia University, and Stanford University. Naz also co-founded Rise2Shine, a nonprofit helping to alleviate the suffering of young children in Haiti.
Where Naz hangs out online:
Naz’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Melissa Wood Tepperberg – She is a digital entrepreneur, founder of Melissa Wood Health, creator of The MWH Method, meditator and certified in yoga and Pilates. And “thrivingggg on a plant-based diet.”
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.