If you’re missing your in-person community as much as I am, I bet you’re wondering how in the world are we going to rebuild it while we’re social distancing like this? Trust me, I hear you… I feel you. Nothing about what we are going through is easy. But there is hope and there are thought leaders out there who are starting to trail-blaze a path alongside us.
My special guest today is Neil Greenwood of Morning Gloryville and he’s simplifying how to rebuild community, despite social distancing. He and I both believe that there is something profound happening here, bigger than a virus. More like an awakening.
And if you’re looking for a message of hope and a possible vision for what our new reality could be after all this shakes out, you’re going to love this one. In order to rebuild true community, it takes each and every one of us to play our part together.
- My special guest today is Neil Greenwood and he’s simplifying how to rebuild community, despite social distancing.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Neil Greenwood
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- Kicking the conversation off with a 7 minute ground meditation, in order to tap into a state of calm
- What a Morning Gloryville in-person event was like, including their sober raves, all-day workshops and retreats, prior to COVID-19
- And now in this day in age of quarantine and social distancing, what the team at Morning Gloryville see as the vision moving forward in helping people heal and rebuild this community. Neil shares his ideas on how to build love and connection without physical contact with others in the short term future.
- For all the event planners listening, take note! Neil shares his insider thoughts on what it was like to turn their 1000 person rave into an online experience. What worked and what were the lessons learned as an event producer and experience creator?
- And finally, Neil shares his take on what’s happening (big picture!) energetically in the world right now. How this is a HUGE wake-up call for humankind… and what role permaculture plays in all of this!
Q: Are you feeling disconnected from your community, wishing you could rebuild, reconnect, and get back to thriving? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s helping today with COVID-19>
- Morning Gloryville’s every Saturday online (sober) rave – 11am-1pm BST
- Yoga with Adriene – free yoga videos for all types of levels, moods and styles
- Mary is featured on the Profit Without Worry podcast, sharing 5 tips to keep your business and life on track through the Coronavirus
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and begin to rebuild your own community this week? What’s one thing you could do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: The Eye of the World: Book One of The Wheel of Time – Robert Jordan
Resource: A do-it-together international movement to halt mass extinction and save the planet – Extinction Rebellion
Event: Morning Gloryville Permaculture Farm Festival – September 25-28, 2020 – Three Pools Permaculture Farm in Wales
Podcast: How to re-emerge after hibernation, featuring Carrie Contey – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: When is it best to make a career pivot? – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Neil Greenwood
Neil Greenwood – He is the Magical Maestro at Morning Gloryville, a community of wellness experts that love to create immersive playful experiences that take people on enlightening journeys.
What started as an immersive, sober morning dance party in 2013 has now evolved into a multi-sensory wellness experience. They do this through music, dancing, art & crafts, super healthy nourishment stations, yoga classes, mindfulness instruction, and specially curated performances to help people express their true life purpose and feel more connected.
Neil is fascinated by universal wisdom and the life adventure that surrounds us all. Morning Gloryville has been seen on The Today Show, CNN, BBC News, MTV and written about in over 2600 articles worldwide.
Where Neil hangs out online:
Neil’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Tom Carter – He is the founder of the Three Pools permaculture farm, a 141 acre farm located in the foothills of the Black Mountains in South Wales. They are looking to lead the transition to a new agricultural system and are working with various organisations to demonstrate and research the most innovative sustainable farming techniques available.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Yardley Digital are experts at making your website super fast, super polished, and performing at it’s very best.
If your website has been needing an overhaul for awhile now, these are the guys to call. Their attention to detail, excellent customer service, and cutting edge technical expertise make them the only ones I trust with my website. And right now, they are offering our listeners 10% of all services by using the promo code: SIMPLE
In addition, small business owners who’ve been affected by COVID-19 can take advantage of their “pay as you feel” pricing right now. The time is NOW to get your website looking great, so you can start driving sales once again.CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE & GET CONNECTED
(And make sure to tell them The Simplifiers sent ya!)
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.