Earlier this week, we shared part one of this conversation, all about how to redefine your identity as a new mother. And wow, I love hearing your stories and what’s working for you in this season of your life. Thank you for connecting with me via DM on Instagram @thesimplifiers and sharing it all with me. I believe this is the true secret to life… remembering how we are in community with each other, like a village, sharing stories, fumbles and tips/tricks learned along the way. We care for each other (like a village) and for our children, as a collective. YES, more of this!
Now, if you haven’t heard part one, go back and listen to that one first. But if you’re ready to continue on, let’s pick back up here with my conversation with podcaster Nicole Lawrence as she simplifies how to redefine your identity as a new mother.
It’s time to simplify… Here’s how.
- My special guest today is Nicole Lawrence and she’s simplifying how to redefine your identity as a new mother.
- If you’re a new parent, I really hope this vulnerable conversation with Nicole helps you remember that you are not alone.
- Q: Are you ready to learn how to redefine your identity as a new mother? If yes, this one is for you.
- <What’s catching my eye this week>
- My challenge for you this week:
- Links, books and apps mentioned:
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Nicole Lawrence
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Nicole Lawrence and she’s simplifying how to redefine your identity as a new mother.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- Identity seems like such an integral part of being human and there are so many stories in our lives… how do we distinguish what is true – and what isn’t serving us any longer?
- Nicole shares a glimpse into her birth story with Rhodes – what she learned about herself before, during the birth, and afterwards that could help other expecting parents and new mothers
- How she meets BIG transitions in life with grace
- What childbirth taught her about “the rules you set for yourself in life” and your identity
- …and ultimately, it seems like we’re in an interesting time in history where gender roles and responsibilities in work and life are shifting – how does this play into redefining your identity?
All this month, we’ve been focused on the topic of re-emergence. And my goodness, what a whirlwind it has been! It’s been a brilliant focus for me, personally and professionally… and very timely given it’s spring in this part of the world right now.
The weather is slowly getting warmer, the new shoots of flowers are starting to pop up out of the ground, and many of us are starting to re-emerge back IRL in our work and lives.
If you’re a new parent, I really hope this vulnerable conversation with Nicole helps you remember that you are not alone.
The first couple of years with a new baby can be SUPER tricky as you not only adjust to this new way of living, but also your child learns the rhythms of life outside the womb. Go slow, get outside for some vitamin D (with a little sunscreen) and remember that you’re doing a fantastic job, no matter how messy it may seem, at times.
I hope today’s conversation with Nicole helps you feel more connected with others around you.
Q: Are you ready to learn how to redefine your identity as a new mother? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- 8 Lessons I’ve Learned in the First Year of Motherhood – Laura Adom – The EveryMom
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Gain clarity in 90 minutes: Mary is offering 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking to get unstuck as the world reopens, post pandemic
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and to help you redefine your identity as a new mother? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Stop Missing the Point – Peta Kelly
Podcast: Re:birth podcast for Mamas raising themselves again and growing through motherhood – Nicole Lawrence
Podcast: What is conscious parenting all about? featuring Carrie Contey – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Nicole Lawrence
Nicole Lawrence – She is a mother, teacher, and holder of space. For 5+ years, she has facilitated embodiment workshops for women to claim their voice, visibility and boundaries.
She now blends her diverse background in somatic trauma resolution with a focus on where our language & story meet the physical body. She is the host of the podcast, Re:birth, with a mission to alchemize birth stories & the stories we bring to motherhood into fertile soil for evolving our mothering and our lineage.
Where Nicole hangs out online:
Nicole’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Elena Brower – She is a Mama, teacher, artist, bestselling author and host of the Practice You Podcast, Elena has taught yoga and meditation since 1999. Her first book, Art of Attention, has been translated into seven languages, and her second, Practice You, is a bestseller.
Her third book, Being You, was released in early 2021. Elena’s yoga and meditation classes are on Glo.com and her Essential Mentorship is beloved for bringing analog creativity to online coursework. She oversees a global team of teachers with doTERRA, and her spoken word work can be heard on Above & Beyond’s Flow State albums.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.