Q: what is the best way to motivate and empower your remote workers? No matter if you’re new to managing your team remotely or have been doing it for ages, well before COVID-19, we’ve all been flung into a new way of working.
My special guest today is author Dr Paul White and he’s simplifying how to motivate and empower remote workers, tapping into new research his team has collected over the last two months during the pandemic lockdown.
It’s fascinating, new insight and the millions of new remote workers are unlike any people who chose to work remotely in the past. They’ve gathered real-world stories and data on remote worker’s concerns, frustrations and ultimately, positive lessons learned during lockdown. Here’s the inside scoop of what they want and (actually) need from you, their manager, in order to thrive.
- My special guest today is Dr. Paul White and he’s simplifying how to motivate + empower remote workers.
- Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
- About Dr. Paul White
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Dr. Paul White and he’s simplifying how to motivate + empower remote workers.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- What a few of the common obstacles are that managers tend to create with their teams and how to overcome them
- How he describes a “vibrant workplace” and what the new research has uncovered when it comes to remote workers who haven’t stepped foot inside the office space in months
- What the inter-relationship is between recognition, appreciation, and performance when motivating your remote workers and how to improve antiquated employee recognition programs at larger firms, especially now
- How to neutralize negativity and conflict with team members, finding the root cause of it all
- …and ultimately, how to work with someone who you actually DON’T appreciate at all… do you fire them and start again? Or do go deeper and press on?
Dr Paul White was on the podcast previously (episode 056) simplifying how to apply the 5 Love Languages in the workplace. He and Dr. Gary Chapman are a wealth of knowledge in helping get to the heart of people… and I’m thrilled to have him back to share more.
Q: Are you trying to figure out how to motivate + empower your remote workers through a pandemic? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s helping today with COVID-19>
- Your suffering is a holy event – Grace for Impact – by Danielle LaPorte
- Total strangers who look like twins – remembering we are all One
- The Happy Newspaper – a newspaper to celebrate all that’s good in the world – by Emily Coxhead
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and motivate + empower your remote workers this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently while at work? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: The Vibrant Workplace: Overcoming the Obstacles to Building a Culture of Appreciation – Dr. Paul White
Book: Abraham Lincoln: The Prairie Years & The War Years (Six Volume Set) – Carl Sandberg
Podcast: How to structure your 5-hour workday, featuring Trevor Blake – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Find what you need on the Super Connector Network
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Whether you’re looking to…
- hire an expert to help you with one specific aspect of your business or
- looking for a side gig to earn a bit of quick cash or maybe
- you’re just looking for some ideas on how to get back to thriving once again…
Introducing… The Super Connector Network!
Click over to find our carefully curated hub of super handy resources.
About Dr. Paul White
Dr. Paul White, PhD – He is a psychologist, speaker, consultant and author whose passion is ‘making work relationships work.’
For over 20 years, he has assisted businesses, government agencies, schools and non-profit agencies to:
- Improve staff morale and create positive work environments
- Learn how to communicate individualized, authentic appreciation among team members
- Reduce the sarcasm, cynicism, and negativity associated with toxic work environments, and
- Build positive work cultures by discovering how to overcome the most common obstacles faced
Where Paul hangs out online:
Paul’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.