If you suffer from anxiety, did you know there are ways to reduce it naturally, without medication? It’s no surprise many of us struggle with anxiety from time to time… the news is overwhelming, stress is rising, our adrenal glands are shot, and we’ve stopped wondering when it’ll get back to “normal” but rather just hoping that life would just CHILL for a second. Girl, I feel you.
My special guest today is Dr. Rochelle Calvert and she’s simplifying how to reduce anxiety naturally. Through our conversation, you’ll awaken into a new way of being- no longer being held to the reactive and unconscious patterns of past trauma, but rather, learning how to release them by rekindling your relationship with nature once again.
- My special guest today is Dr. Rochelle Calvert and she’s simplifying how to reduce anxiety naturally.
- Take part in our listener survey for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card!
- About Dr. Rochelle Calvert
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Dr. Rochelle Calvert and she’s simplifying how to reduce anxiety naturally.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- The pandemic has been a traumatic experience for so many – how she defines ‘trauma’ and why it can cause anxiety as a response in the body
- How getting out in nature can help us process our trauma and what the research says about mindfulness when we are outdoors
- What somatic healing is and a few simple ways we can try it today through breath, sensory, body, and element awareness
- When we integrate these practices, we cultivate a deeper sense of wholeness – Dr Calvert shows us how to do this
- …and ultimately, we learn that by being present in nature, we reduce our anxiety naturally over time… what some pitfalls are that we might experience along the way and how to cope with them when they arise.
Based on feedback from you in our recent listener survey, we’re trying something new these next couple of weeks. We are splitting up the episode into two parts, releasing the first half now and part two on Friday this week. That way, the content is in a smaller, bite-size portion for you to listen to now, simmer on this entire week and be intentional with integrating what you learn into your everyday life.
We are simplifying our episodes to be shorter in length, easier to listen to, on-the-go.
I know we all are on-the-go these days and our old ways of listening to podcasts (either on our commute or at the gym) have changed since COVID… let us know if you like this new way of listening to The Simplifiers Podcast. Shorter episodes, split into two for simpler learning.
Q: Are you ready to reduce your anxiety naturally? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- 10 signs you’re burning out – and what to do about it – Forbes
- September 2021 forecast – Time for a new story – Lena Stevens – The Power Path
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Gain clarity in 90 minutes: Mary is offering 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking to get unstuck as the world reopens, post pandemic
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and reduce your anxiety naturally this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Healing with Nature: Mindfulness and Somatic Practices to Heal from Trauma – Dr. Rochelle Calvert
Book: My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies – Resmaa Menakem
Resource: What is Somatic Experiencing®? – Dr. Peter A. Levine
Podcast: How to level up by doing less, featuring Kate Northrup – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to listen to your body, featuring Irene Lyon – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to heal from anxiety, featuring Uma Sanghvi – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Take part in our listener survey for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card!
How do you like the topics we are simplifying this season on The Simplifiers Podcast? We want to hear from you!
Take 2-minutes and fill out our listener survey. Go on, it’s time to #dothething. The more we learn about you, the topics you want to hear on this podcast, the better the episodes become handcrafted specifically for you.
Plus, to sweeten the deal, we will choose one person to win a $100 Amazon gift card simply for filling out the survey!
Drawing will be made on September 30, 2021 and the winner will be notified by email – one entry per person.
Please submit your entry by 11:59pm EST on Sunday, September 26, 2021. It’s time to simplify!
About Dr. Rochelle Calvert
Dr. Rochelle Calvert – She is the author of Healing with Nature and certified in a variety of mindfulness, meditation, and trauma healing practices. She is the founder and clinical director of New Mindful Life. She is currently in transition from San Diego, California to Taos, New Mexico.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.