When was the last time you felt like you were in flow state? You know, that feeling you get when time seems limitless, your creative juices and ideas are free flowing, and your energy is buzzing at a higher vibration. Has it felt like forever? Well if so, you’re going to love today’s conversation.
My special guest today is The Brain Guy – Scott Robinson and he’s simplifying how to get into the flow. He believes in one simple truth: whatever you are looking to achieve in life, it’s your brain and your nervous system working together that control your life’s outcomes.
Therefore, when you tap into your subconscious mind (which accounts for 95% of your total brain processing), you unlock a higher intelligence that’ll help you quickly and easily transform stress, resolve trauma faster, and get back to thriving. So, more joy, satiated contentment, pleasure, and abundance on a deeper level… These are all the things you can experience when you get in the flow.
- My special guest today is Scott Robinson and he’s simplifying how to get into the flow.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Scott Robinson
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Scott Robinson and he’s simplifying how to get into the flow.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- How he defines “flow state” and what’s actually happening in your brain when you’re “in the flow”
- What effect stress has on the brain and the body and how to spot it
- Athletes train to achieve “high performance” – he shares what he has learned whilst working with them, specifically with understanding the brain as the “control center” in conjunction with the nervous system
- …and ultimately, he talks about the subconscious mind: what it is, how it works, and (finally) understanding that it is governing your actions and (in my words) your “1000 daily choices.” When you do, you can change your life for the better.
This conversation was so cerebral and deep, I’ve decided to split it into two parts. Part one this week and part two next week, so we all have time to simmer on the ideas he shares, talk to others about it, and see what small changes you can make in your work and life that’ll help you get into the flow more often.
So make sure to have a journal and pen handy while listening to this one. I’m fairly certain you’ll want to jot down a few things along the way, as did I.
Bottomline, when we achieve flow state, our life is buzzing with possibility. I’m thrilled to share this conversation with you and look forward to hearing what you think about it all soon!
Q: Are you ready to get into the flow? If yes, this one is for you. It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- The Internet’s Memory of Breonna Taylor – The Cut, written by Mary Retta
- 4 hours of instrumental music to help calm your nervous system – Soaking in His Presence
- The 8 Pillars of Joy, developed by the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Tutu – Yanik Silver
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and get into the flow this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Podcast: A brain-based approach (to peak performance), featuring Scott Robinson – The Movement, Strength & Play Podcast by the School of Calisthenics
Podcast: How to tap into your Intuition to make better decisions, featuring Kim Chestney – The Simplifiers Podcast
Book: Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon – Dr. Joe Dispenza
Podcast: How to make an income breakthrough, featuring Amira Alvarez – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Scott Robinson
Scott Robinson – He is known as the Brain Guy and is the senior lecturer at The Academy of Applied Movement Neurology in London and online.
He’s also the creator of Neuro Flexibility, a Master Healer and Conscious Business Facilitator, plus a Presenter and Practitioner at Integrated Vitality Retreats, happening in Bali.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.