Do you wish you could sleep better at night? Insomnia, anyone?! Welp, relief is on the way because we’re talking all about sleep on today’s episode!
My special guest today is health coach Shae Leonard and she’s simplifying how to sleep better at night. Whether it’s stress or something else that’s keeping you up at night, Shae leads us through seven simple steps to course correct that’ll have you sleep like a baby in no time at all.
- My special guest today is Shae Leonard and she’s simplifying how to sleep better at night.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Shae Leonard
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Shae Leonard and she’s simplifying how to sleep better at night.
We tackle and simplify all aspects of it, including:
- How she defines “sleep hygiene” and why it’s so important to focus on this right now
- What the first step is to improve your sleep hygiene to help you sleep better tonight
- What the 7 fundamentals for great sleep hygiene are and how these simple shifts can make a positive impact in the long run
- Everything we need to know about “full-spectrum light” – what it is and why we need to avoid it 1-2 hours before bedtime, plus she shares a few healthy alternatives
- Why we need to avoid amping up our brains at night and those sneaky ways we do it without even knowing it
- …and ultimately, why it is important to “quiet your digestion” at night – how to do it, starting tonight.
It’s crazy to think that the majority of people are going to be fast asleep at 2am tonight in your neighborhood and city. Like the whole world powers down to rest, all at once. If you’re someone prone to late night brain whirling or you seem to be tossing and turning for no reason at all, I hope today’s conversation really gives you some tools to try out tonight.
And let us know what worked! I’m always keen to hear from listeners on what you’re learning from the podcast, testing out in your own life, and seeing results in simplifying… reach out on Instagram @thesimplifiers, tag us, DM me… I’d love to hear from you!
Q: Are you ready to sleep better tonight? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s catching my eye this week>
- Breonna Taylor: Who She Was, How She Died, Why Justice Is Overdue – The Daily Show
- How to sleep better – Sleep Foundation
- 50 powerful questions to help you reflect – The Institute of You
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and begin to sleep better at night this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Freebie – 5 ways to DETOX today – Shae Leonard
Book: Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One – Dr Joe Dispenza
Resource: Specialized lab testing to help you find the root cause of dis-ease – Shae Leonard
Resource: Tim and Jacko, friends of Mary, offering online workouts using body weight training – School of Calisthenics
Podcast: How to structure your 5-hour workday, featuring Trevor Blake – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Shae Leonard
Shae Leonard – She is a certified and licensed Physician Assistant and functional medicine health coach, specializing in mental health, gut and hormone health.
Her work has led her to learn about how to optimize one’s genetics, improve mental health resilience through meditation, amino acid therapy, nutrition and more.
Where Shae hangs out online:
Shae’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Jenna W. Clack – She is a Doctor of Pharmacy and regenerative medicine consultant, helping her patients achieve healthier, happier lives through bio-identical hormone therapy, compounding and MTM counseling.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Do you wish someone else would handle your company’s social media marketing, so you don’t have to continue to feed the never-ending machine? Delegate this to social media experts and superheroes: Goodboy Creative and simplify your life!CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.