Q: do you find it hard to shake off the need for approval from others? Whether it’s from your parents or your clients… or maybe even your partner or boss, what is it that’s lurking underneath and keeping us stuck here?
My special guest today is author and coach Susie Moore and she’s simplifying how to shake off the need for approval from others. In this season where we are LITERALLY shaking up our whole existence like one big, giant Etch-a-Sketch, wouldn’t it be nice to finally shake off this bad habit as well?
Susie and I dive deep into this conversation, tackling all aspects of it from imposter syndrome to low self-worth, grappling with mounting pressure to get things “just right” to stepping up and into the spotlight with more confidence.
And lightening up a bit… in a time when things feel really heavy and sometimes dark, Susie is a bright light showing us there is another way.
- My special guest today is Susie Moore and she’s simplifying how to shake off the need for approval from others.
- Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
- About Susie Moore
- Watch the video version of the episode
- Join us and become a Simplifier!
- Episode sponsored by…
My special guest today is Susie Moore and she’s simplifying how to shake off the need for approval from others.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- Why humans tend to have a craving for approval in their work and lives and where it stems from
- Asking a better question than “what’s wrong?” and replacing it with “what’s missing?” when things feel off in your life
- The one key trait Susie believes the most successful and self-assured people possess that you can cultivate, too
- How to avoid comparing yourself to others and squash any perfectionism, especially in how you present yourself on social media
- The simple secret to getting what you want (that no one ever tells you)
- How to handle when your brand gets more visible and how to gain more press for your business in the media
- Why it’s important to have a sense of humor and interject a little bit of fun into your work, especially when things are super heavy or stressful (like now!)
Q: Are you ready to shake off the need for approval from others? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
<What’s helping today with COVID-19>
- Leslie Jordan – basically feeling EVERYTHING we are feeling in this quarantine
- Major Lazer ft. Marcus Mumford “Lay your head on me”
- AUSTINITES → snag your Cinco De Mayo dinner + margarita kit, provided by County Line on The Hill BBQ and The Cupcake Bar!
- Zoom Exhaustion is Real – here’s 6 ways to find balance and stay connected
- Mary is offering 50-minute 1-1 brainstorming sessions for those looking for ideas on how to pivot their businesses
My challenge for you this week:
How are you going to take what you’ve learned in today’s episode and shine your light BRIGHT this week? What’s one thing you’ll do differently? Share it with me, privately or publicly. Snap a photo of you doing the thing, and tag @thesimplifiers on Instagram for added accountability and support!
Links, books and apps mentioned:
Book: Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon – Dr. Joe Despenza
Resource: Connecting journalists with small business owners to gain press, easier – Lightbulb Entrepreneur and Press Hangout
Resource: How to connect directly to the right decision makers at over 17 million companies, worldwide – RocketReach
Podcast: How to avoid the comparison trap, featuring Anna Dunleavy – The Simplifiers Podcast
Podcast: How to squash your limiting self-beliefs – The Simplifiers Podcast
Get Unstuck with The Simplifiers Morning Prompts
We’ve got a free resource we’d love to share with you!
Now more than ever, I’m finding 7-minutes of journaling is helping me calm my mind and get centered every morning.
So, start your day off right, download The Simplifiers Morning Prompts.
It’s a free daily worksheet that helps you laser-focus in on what needs to get done today, what could trip you up and how you’re going to stay on track. 5 questions, 7 minutes… this worksheet will help you SIMPLIFY!
About Susie Moore
Susie Moore – She is the author of Stop Checking Your Likes and What If It Does Work Out? which was named by Entrepreneur as one of the “8 Business Books Entrepreneurs Must Read to Dominate Their Industry.”
A former Silicon Valley sales director turned life coach, she has been featured on The Today Show, as well as in O Magazine, Business Insider, Forbes, Time, and Marie Claire.
Where Susie hangs out online:
Susie’s vote for the perfect guest on The Simplifiers Podcast:
Farnoosh Torabi – America’s leading personal finance expert, hooked on helping people live their richest, most fulfilling life.
Watch the video version of the episode
Join us and become a Simplifier!
Well hello there, thanks for stopping by and having a listen to The Simplifiers Podcast! Our mission is to take topics in business and in life… and SIMPLIFY them!
If you loved this episode, you’ll want to go ahead and hit the SUBSCRIBE button in your podcast player to get more of this coming your way.
In addition, we’ve created a free online community called the SUPER Insiders, so you can connect with other entrepreneurs and aspiring Simplifiers around the world.
Episode sponsored by…
Yardley Digital are experts at making your website super fast, super polished, and performing at it’s very best.
If your website has been needing an overhaul for awhile now, these are the guys to call. Their attention to detail, excellent customer service, and cutting edge technical expertise make them the only ones I trust with my website. And right now, they are offering our listeners 10% of all services by using the promo code: SIMPLE
In addition, small business owners who’ve been affected by COVID-19 can take advantage of their “pay as you feel” pricing right now. The time is NOW to get your website looking great, so you can start driving sales once again.CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE & GET CONNECTED
(And make sure to tell them The Simplifiers sent ya!)
Disclaimer: This blog post includes affiliate links because we wholeheartedly believe in the products, books and courses featured on the podcast. Therefore, we get compensated when you click on the links above and decide to purchase these items, which helps us continue to serve and support you. We share only the very best resources with our listeners and hope you find great value in them, as well.