No one likes a hurricane… Unless it’s the kind that involves a fruity blend of juice and rum, served over ice. This batch hurricane recipe is a great go to drink for parties and is sure to be a hit at your next event.
- 12 ounces light rum
- 12 ounces dark rum
- 10 ounces grenadine, or passion fruit syrup
- 10 ounces fresh orange juice
- 10 ounces sour mix, or fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar, or more to taste
- 1 large orange, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
Mix all the ingredients in a tall pitcher or large pot and stir to dissolve the sugar. Pour into a punch bowl and add the ice cubes and orange segments. Serve in tall glasses over ice with straws.
This Batch Hurricane signature drink idea was brought to you by The Simplifiers – Austin’s top event planning and personal concierge firm, offering full service wedding planning for luxurious events, dreamy events, quirky events and everything else in between. For more information, visit thesimplifiers.com or give us a jingle at 512.695.7744.