Prohibition Sweet Tea
Happy Sugar Cane Day! Wait…you didn’t know?! That’s okay, we’re here to help you celebrate anyway. This week’s signature cocktail, Prohibition Sweet Tea, is the perfect drink to kick back and relax on your front porch with. Iced tea, a classic southern refreshment, sweetened with sugar cane and mixed with rum, is a winning combination in our books. So make a glass, take a sip, and unwind from a long week, you deserve it!
- – 2 cups strong brewed black tea chilled
- – 1 cup ice
- – 3/4 cup rum
- – 10 tablespoons cane syrup*
- – 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemons (optional)
- – Garnish: 4 lemon wedges
- – Combine tea, ice, rum, cane syrup, and lemon (if using) in a large pitcher just before serving
- – Stir well and serve in ice-filled glasses
- – Garnish with lemon wedge
*To make cane syrup: combine 1 cup water with 1 cup raw cane sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using.
This Prohibition Sweet Tea signature drink idea was brought to you by The Simplifiers – Austin’s top event planning and personal concierge firm, offering full service wedding planning for luxurious events, dreamy events, quirky events and everything else in between. For more information, visit thesimplifiers.com or give us a jingle at 512.695.7744.