I guess it’s safe to say that fall is in full swing which means lots of great things.
One perk of the next few months is that it’s harvest season for some of our favorite fall flavors like pumpkins, sweet potatoes, cranberries and the often overlooked POMEGRANATE. This fruit has the perfect blend of sweet and tart to tantalize your tastebuds and that’s why we chose it as the inspiration for this week’s cocktail – The Sparkling Pomegranate Punch. This super simple signature cocktail recipe is great to share with friends at your next get together or dinner party.
What you need:
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) pomegranate juice
- 2 750-milliliter bottles sparkling wine, chilled
- 3/4 cup(s) late-harvest white wine, such as late-harvest Riesling chilled
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup(s) diced fresh pineapple, 1/2 inch
- 1/4 cup(s) pomegranate seeds
- Ice cubes, for serving
- In a punch bowl, dissolve the sugar in the pomegranate juice, stirring vigorously.
- Add the sparkling wine and late-harvest white wine, then add the orange slices, diced pineapple and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve the sparkling pomegranate punch over ice cubes.
Source: The Huffington Post
The Simplifiers are Austin’s top event planning and personal concierge firm, offering full service event planning for corporate events, weddings, social events and beyond. For more information, visit thesimplifiers.com or call 512-695-7744.