The Copa Verde
Want to mix things up this Friday? If you love margaritas and avocados then the Copa Verde is the cocktail for you! This mix on the margarita is the perfect way to begin your weekend and make the night memorable. It may sound like a strange mix, but we promise you’ll love it!
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, barely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 ounces silver tequila
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces light agave syrup, plus more for rimming the glasses
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- Mix together the thyme and salt in a small, shallow bowl. Place a small amount of agave syrup in another small bowl. Using your finger, rim 6 shooter glasses with the syrup, then dip the rims into the thyme-salt mixture. Set the glasses aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients except the ice in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in some of the blended mixture, filling the shaker about halfway. Shake until thoroughly chilled, about 20 to 30 seconds. Strain into the rimmed shooter glasses. Repeat with the remaining blended ingredients. Serve immediately.
Source: Chow.comThis Copa Verde cocktail was brought to you by The Simplifiers – Austin’s top event planning and personal concierge firm, offering full service wedding planning for luxurious events, dreamy events, quirky events and everything else in between. For more information, visit thesimplifiers.com or give us a jingle at 512.695.7744.