Winter Wine Punch
While we are all stuck inside from ::Snowpocalypse 2014:: enjoy making some Winter Wine. Popular in the UK, this delicious libation always reminds us of how life is grand. We found a great recipe from Camille Styles that we would like to share with you all.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- One 1-inch piece fresh peeled ginger, sliced into 4 rounds
- 6 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 cardamom pods
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise and scraped
- Zest and juice from 1 orange
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Two 750 ml bottles red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, or Chianti work well) or apple cider
- In a large saucepan, combine the syrup, 2 of the cinnamon sticks, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom pods, vanilla bean, and orange zest and juice. Heat over medium heat to boiling, then immediately turn off the heat, cover, and set aside 10 minutes to steep. Add the lemon rounds and steep 2 minutes more. Add the wine and heat over medium-low heat until simmering, taking care not to boil.
- Strain and divide among 6 heat-proof mugs and garnish each with a cinnamon stick.
- Enjoy your Winter Wine Punch!
This Winter Wine Punch signature drink idea was brought to you by The Simplifiers – Austin’s top event planning and personal concierge firm, offering full service wedding planning for luxurious events, dreamy events, quirky events and everything else in between. For more information, visit thesimplifiers.com or give us a jingle at 512.695.7744.
Source: | Camille Styles |