Manifesting money isn’t something I believed in before but recently I read Gabby Bernstein’s book “The Universe Has Your Back.” 18 months ago, I wouldn’t even have picked it up in the book store.
I’ve never considered myself to be spiritual and I would have laughed at anyone suggesting that the Law of Attraction worked in any way. That means I feel a bit uncomfortable putting this out on the internet for everyone to see. OK, I’ll just say it…
I think I manifested £200 in 30 minutes thanks to Gabby and her book! That’s approximately $270 USD.
My sceptical, negative side is telling me it’s crazy BUT… since reading Gabby’s book, making money seems to be much easier than it was before!
There’s a few reasons why I’ve become more open-minded to the teachings of people like Gabby. It’s a long story so I’ll leave it for another blog post but here’s what you need to know.
Why I picked up Gabby’s book
A few months ago, I had a conversation with Mary Baird-Wilcock, aka. the CEO of The Simplifiers. She asked me if I was still enjoying my role in the company or if I was ready to move onto something new. Clearly Mary had picked up on a few things. As much as I love working for The Simplifiers, I really needed a change.
Except at the time, I panicked. I didn’t want to lose my job! I went away and spent a couple of days thinking and realised Mary was totally right.
Eventually, I saw that the reason I was panicking wasn’t because I desperately wanted to stay in my job – it was because I was afraid of making changes. At this point, I stumbled across a blog post by Gabby and the next day I bought “The Universe Has Your Back”.
In the book, Gabby talks about turning fear into faith and overcoming mental or spiritual blocks. As I read on, I realised that my mindset was blocking me from pursuing more projects and making more money.
I became more aware of how my fears were influencing my choices and stopping me from even attempting to achieve more. Feeling inspired by Gabby, I decided to just trust that everything would work out OK.
I’ll be honest, it wasn’t easy, BUT it was that simple.
It’s all about catching my negative and self-limiting beliefs and remind myself that I am capable of bigger things.
So, after making the decision to not let my fears get in the way, I had a conversation with Mary which led to me leaving my old role and setting up as a freelancer. I’m still part of The Simplifiers team, but I also have the space to pursue other projects.
Yes, I was scared about finding clients but I decided to give the whole “trusting the Universe” thing a chance.
And that’s when things started to get kinda weird and making money got easier.
A few examples of the unexpected money I manifested in less than a month of reading Gabby’s book:
- After arranging a new contract with The Simplifiers, I was put in touch with someone needing a freelance blog post writer. Next thing I know, I’ve got another contract without even really trying!
- Then I went to a theatre event and got talking to a Director. They said they needed someone to provide marketing support for an upcoming show. I wasn’t trying to network or sell myself. I only casually mentioned what I do but they emailed me and now I’m working on an exciting project I love!
- An email came through with an offer for a full scholarship for a course I really wanted to do!
The weirdest thing that happened…
The £200/$270. A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking about how useful exactly £200 would be to pay for a workshop I wanted to do. I remembered Gabby sharing the advice she gave to a friend. She advised that her friend clear out her purse or wallet because clutter acts as a block. I wasn’t totally convinced but I needed to clear out mine, as well.
So, I got rid of all the old receipts and anything I didn’t need in my purse. I swear, in less than 30 minutes I got an email out of the blue asking me if I wanted to be an impartial judge for an online competition. A VERY unexpected role.
Guess how much they were offering to pay me? Yep – EXACTLY £200!
Just to add to the weirdness, the person who emailed me was someone I had been at school with nearly 15 years ago. A mutual contact put us in touch, but she initially had no idea who I was!
So, what did I learn about manifesting money?
- It’s all about changing your mindset. You don’t need to believe that the Universe is conspiring to bring you money but a positive mindset will train your brain to look for opportunities. A negative mindset just means you will hold yourself back. Plus, people are drawn to positive people, so they’re more likely to want to work with you!
- Fear blocks us from taking steps forward and making changes which result in manifesting money. A lot of the time that fear is irrational.
- Sometimes you just have to fight that part of your brain that is telling you to play it safe and stay where you are. This is a daily battle for me, but I’m winning!
Resources I recommend:
- The Universe Has Your Back: How to Feel Safe and Trust Your Life No Matter What by Gabrielle Bernstein
- Thank & Grow Rich: A 30-Day Experiment in Shameless Gratitude and Unabashed Joy by Pam Grout
- The latest podcast episode from The Simplifiers, featuring Meriflor Toneatto talking about our money mindset.
Have you heard our latest podcast episode?
Find all of our episodes hosted by our CEO – Mary Baird Wilcock, CSEP HERE!