- Feeling like you could or should be doing more as a business owner? Have you been looking at other eventprofs and wondering how they’ve managed to grow, have gotten better clients AND seem to have it all figured out? You are not alone!
- 1. Listen to podcasts
- 2. Join an organisation for Eventprofs
- 3. Find a mentor or business coach
- BONUS TIP: Sign up for 9 days of FREE coaching with Mary Baird-Wilcock, CSEP! What’s stopping you? 9 days could change your events business and your life!
- Don’t miss out! Reserve your space HERE
Feeling like you could or should be doing more as a business owner? Have you been looking at other eventprofs and wondering how they’ve managed to grow, have gotten better clients AND seem to have it all figured out? You are not alone!
The truth is, we all need to keep working on ourselves and our businesses if we want to succeed. But it’s usually easier said than done. So, here are 3 ideas for where you should start!
1. Listen to podcasts
There are so many business and personal development podcasts out there that cover almost every area you need. You can listen while you drive, put on makeup, do chores, or even while you’re exercising.
Podcasts make it easy for you to fit learning opportunities into your day and give you the chance to pick up knowledge and strategies from experts that you can apply to your life and business.
2. Join an organisation for Eventprofs
If you’re not already a member of an organisation like ILEA (International Live Events Association), get searching online and join one now!
It’s a great way to build your network and will give you the opportunity to meet people in a similar position who can help and support your. Plus you can find educational workshops, seminars, industry events, awards… The list goes on!
Check out various groups online and see which ones would suit you best. Join a community!
3. Find a mentor or business coach
None of us know it all. That’s why we need mentors who have been there, done it and got the t-shirt. Someone who understands our fears and can help us fill in the gaps. No one has to do it alone!
There are thousands of coaches, consultants, guides, and mentors out there. Check out THIS guide on the 5 things eventprofs should look for in a good business coach.