Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Simplifier? We’ve got a position open for the right superstar…Read below.
Event Planner – FULL TIME (M-F 9a-6pm + 1 hour break/lunch) + on-site event hours
The Simplifiers Job Posting | 04/29/2014 | DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRI 5/2/14 by 4pm CST!
Reports to: Director of Events Division
Salary: TBD, based on experience
Benefits: vacation + sick leave, paid holidays, workers compensation insurance, payroll deductions and savings + complimentary access to on-site fitness center, gym and pool.
Company Description: The Simplifiers, founded in 2003, are an award-winning full service event planning and personal concierge firm that specializes in non-traditional corporate events, weddings, marketing activations, public events, themed events, social events and more. We help people simplify their lives.
Position Summary: Event Planner takes on the role of project manager to assist and develop our clients’ events through hands-on experience in the following primary areas:
- -Event Planning & Logistics
- -Budgeting & Contract Negotiations
- -Event Design & Decor
- -Vendor and Client Relations
- -Sales & Marketing
- -On-site Event Management + Execution
- -Serves as a liaison of The Simplifiers when working with clients
- -Assume ownership of logistics and project management for all programs, weddings, meetings and events assigned to you as lead planner
- -Calling Vendors
- -Develop individual, comprehensive event budgets: bucket + full for all events assigned
- -Assist Sales Manager with bid and proposal requests
- -Actively participate in sales meetings with prospective clients, in tandem with Sales Manager. Develop written proposal and event binder.
- -Develop individual, comprehensive event design concepts using the 6 A’s method; create a Pinterest board for every event assigned and collaborate with client.
- -Participate in weekly staff/team meetings, check-in’s and standing meetings to properly communicate progress on your events assigned.
- -Arrange and attend all meetings, appointments, venue site visits and travel schedules for all events assigned; Maintain master calendar of events in Google Calendar for any vendor appointments and client meetings you set
- -Complete data entry requirements for all database systems
- -Create individual, comprehensive production schedules for all events assigned and update frequently to properly communicate progress to the client, supervisor, Owner and the rest of the team
- -Assess risk and develop solutions using a SWOT analysis for all events assigned
- -Submit all vendor contracts/invoices for review and payment to Office Manager and Owner in a timely manner and update individual event budgets accordingly.
- -Coordinate and design layout of venue site plans for all events assigned
- -Create individual, comprehensive day-of timelines for all events assigned, distributing first draft to vendors at least 2 weeks prior to event date. Final draft goes out 1 week prior to event date.
- -Anticipate information or logistical needs, maintaining visibility with and facilitating access to staff, and organizing effective materials for timely follow-up
- -Proactively coordinate, manage and provide executive-level administrative support to ensure smooth operations and achievement of corporate objectives
- -Assist team in maintaining the archive for The Simplifiers, obtaining photos and videos from events you were the lead planner on, to later be used for outreach and marketing efforts
- -Maintain training and continuing education of at least 5 hours per month via ELI, ISES, NEAWP and/or other event industry workshop/webinar opportunities
- -2+ years experience in wedding planning or event planning (client facing role) with a sales/marketing, project management and event management background.
- -Must be available to work nights and weekends for events
- -Must be proficient in Word, Excel, & Powerpoint. Would like experience with WordPress Thesis, CAD space layout programs (Social Tables), Trello, Dropbox, Microsoft Access, Photoshop and/or Illustrator experience
- -Must value punctuality and shows up to all meetings, appointments and office hours on-time or early
- -Office hours must be completed in The Simplifiers offices
- -Have exceptional customer service & organizational skills
- -Excellent communicator – updating supervisor, client and events team of progress on assigned events
- -Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and/or events simultaneously
- -Show initiative and have experience working independently as well as within in a collaborative, professional environment
- -Be comfortable with e-mail, phone and in-person communication
- -Must have reliable transportation (in order to attend events & client meetings)
- -Dress appropriately
- -Ability to work with little supervision and in a fast-pace environment
- -Graduated from an accredited higher education institute with at least an overall GPA of 2.5+
- -Excellent writing and presentation skills, as well as proposal writing experience
- -An ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- -At least 2 years experience on social media platforms – Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- -Due to the sensitive nature of the work we do as event planners, this position requires you to sign a confidentiality NDA (non-disclosure) agreement + non-compete
- -Must be willing and able to lift 25-40 lbs.
How to apply:
- Please send your cover letter, resume, 2-3 references and salary history to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm CST on FRIDAY, 05/02/2014. No phone calls please. This position is for immediate hire.